How to make XBench and OKAPI Oliphant work?
Thread poster: Callmeaspade
Callmeaspade
Callmeaspade  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:27
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 9, 2012

Hi,

I wonder if anybody managed to make this pair work as intended.

Basically I am trying to perform some QA on a huge TMX file, using APSIC XBench 2.9.0 as a QA tool, and Oliphant 3.0.8 as a TMX editor. I.e. I need to be able to jump from a QA issue in XBench to a corresponding TU in Oliphant and edit it.

In XBench I've configured Tools->Settings->TMX Editor to use Oliphant, as described in XBench User Guide (Command-Line Parameters: $Filename row=$Segment
... See more
Hi,

I wonder if anybody managed to make this pair work as intended.

Basically I am trying to perform some QA on a huge TMX file, using APSIC XBench 2.9.0 as a QA tool, and Oliphant 3.0.8 as a TMX editor. I.e. I need to be able to jump from a QA issue in XBench to a corresponding TU in Oliphant and edit it.

In XBench I've configured Tools->Settings->TMX Editor to use Oliphant, as described in XBench User Guide (Command-Line Parameters: $Filename row=$Segment col=trg edit=yes). Now, when I select 'Edit Source' XBench starts Oliphant and finds the right segment -- all right, but if I choose 'Edit Source' once more, it tries to open another instance of Oliphant instead of just switching to a new segment in a working instance!

It is interesting that integration with external text editor works fine (I am using Notepad++), but TMX is a problem for some reason. I suspect that there's something wrong with command line parameters, but just don't have a clue what to look for...

Has anyone had any success with XBench + Oliphant?

Sorry if the above reads somewhat messy, but I've just spent two hours tinkering with this stuff ((
Would be really grateful for any ideas
Collapse

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
Local time: 14:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Olifant Jan 30, 2013

It is a limitation of Olifant, that cannot be solved. As a workaround, edit the segment, save the tmx file and close Olifant each time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make XBench and OKAPI Oliphant work?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »