Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:15
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Oct 4, 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm probably going to be editing a big translation with lots of files using MemSource. Before I start, can anyone give me any feedback on their experience with it?
I'm going to use MemSource editor and connect with MemSource cloud for real-time TM updating.

Is there anything positive or negative I need to know before I start?
Thanks,
Emma

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:15
Finnish to French
Editor quite simple Oct 4, 2012

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
I'm probably going to be editing a big translation with lots of files using MemSource. Before I start, can anyone give me any feedback on their experience with it?
I'm going to use MemSource editor and connect with MemSource cloud for real-time TM updating.

Looking forward to a detailed blog post about your experience upon completion of the job
Emma Goldsmith wrote:
Is there anything positive or negative I need to know before I start?

Last time I had a look at it (Spring 2012), the editor was pretty bare-bone compared to full-fledged environments like Studio, memoQ etc. I didn't look at it in-depth, though, nor did I complete a real-life job with it.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:15
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
blog post Nov 14, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Looking forward to a detailed blog post about your experience upon completion of the job

I see you have already spotted and Tweeted it, Dominique!

If anyone else is interested, I completed the above project and blogged about my experience with MemSource here:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/11/09/memsource/

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:15
Finnish to French
Follow Emma on Twitter Nov 14, 2012

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
I see you have already spotted and Tweeted it, Dominique!

Yes, I follow you on Twitter and invite other Twitter users to follow you at https://twitter.com/GoldsmithTrans in order to be informed of your future blog posts. Thanks for the comparison!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback on MemSource please

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »