Thread poster: dinata
dinata
dinata
France
Local time: 04:26
Arabic to French
+ ...
Jul 16, 2004

how to make to read Arabic, and which software it is necessary to download? thank you to help me

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The Wizzard is on vacation Jul 16, 2004

and left me here alone
If you need information, please provide at last all the necessary things, such as OS or uses software. Describe your prblem more precisely - you posted in CAT tools help. What kind of CAT tool do you use?

Regards
Jerzy

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 19:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
Technical data about your PC's OS and which browser(s) you use, please Jul 17, 2004

Greetings.

If you would kindly provide some technical data about your PC's OS and which browser(s) you use, I may be able to advise you.

In most cases -- absent clarifictaion from you abou what's on your system -- the matter involves setting and enabling Arabic language support (and associated RTL Arabic fonts that usually link automatically whenever the Arabic language option is invoked) in your PC's OS and/or your browsers.

FWIW, < MSIE > and < hotmail.
... See more
Greetings.

If you would kindly provide some technical data about your PC's OS and which browser(s) you use, I may be able to advise you.

In most cases -- absent clarifictaion from you abou what's on your system -- the matter involves setting and enabling Arabic language support (and associated RTL Arabic fonts that usually link automatically whenever the Arabic language option is invoked) in your PC's OS and/or your browsers.

FWIW, < MSIE > and < hotmail.com > provide pretty reliable and robust Arabic support; < google.com > is so-so by comparison.
You can forget AOL pretty much because of its clunkiness and instability in handling RTL scripts such as Arabic, Kurdish and Farsi. Netscape is very unstable and requires you you to go through a drill of selecting Arabic encoding each time you find and open an Arabic page.

HTH.

Khair, in sha' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
(English Arabic,
Kurdish and Farsi)
San Pedro, California
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help to read Arabic

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »