Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 22:19
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2004

Dear listmates,

I do hope some of you can help me with this issue: I have a long sdlx file (about 4,000 segments) that was divided among four translators. The client wants one finished file with translations so I should "paste" the translations received from the other translators. I copied segments but when I want to paste the segments into the end file, format painting becomes disorganized and mixed. So, how can I do this step?

Please I would appreciate any soon assis
... See more
Dear listmates,

I do hope some of you can help me with this issue: I have a long sdlx file (about 4,000 segments) that was divided among four translators. The client wants one finished file with translations so I should "paste" the translations received from the other translators. I copied segments but when I want to paste the segments into the end file, format painting becomes disorganized and mixed. So, how can I do this step?

Please I would appreciate any soon assistance!

Thanks so much and best regards,

Silvina
email: [email protected]
Collapse

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
French to German
+ ...
The best Jun 17, 2004

Sylvina, is to open an new TM, to update it with all idt-files and then to apply the TM on the long file.

Geneviève

Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:49
English to Hindi
+ ...
Yes, this works for me... Jun 18, 2004

...make a new (I call it dummy) TM. Export all translated segments to this dummy (or just use Update after opening each itd file with this TM.) When TM is updated using all the translated files, just Apply this TM on the original (or any one of the translated files).

Hope this helps.

Leonardo Parachú
Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Exactly Jun 18, 2004

Create a new TM, update it with the various parts of the whole file; then open your original (or a copy of it) and apply this newly created and updated TM.

All the best,

Leonardo.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX: how to arrange one long file?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »