Urgent Help Transuite 2000 Cypresoft
Thread poster: Ana Candida de Carvalho Carneiro
Ana Candida de Carvalho Carneiro
Ana Candida de Carvalho Carneiro
Brazil
Local time: 16:17
English to Portuguese
Jun 2, 2004

I have to translate an Acrobat file. Does Transuit have a filter for it? Do I have to download it!

Intergraf
Intergraf  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
You'll have to extract the text or OCR the file... Jun 3, 2004

Ana Candida de Carvalho Carneiro wrote:

I have to translate an Acrobat file. Does Transuit have a filter for it? Do I have to download it!

As far as I know, it does not have a filter for importing .PDF format files directly. You\'ll have to extract the text in order to translate it.

ScanSoft has a program that will do that for you: \"PDF Converter is the world\'s No.1 selling solution for instantly turning PDF files into Microsoft Word documents and forms that you can easily edit - complete with text, columns, tables and graphics.\" http://www.scansoft.co.uk/pdfconverter/standard/

Word of warning: If the PDF file is a graphic image instead of text, then PDF Converter can\'t help you, and you\'ll have to use an OCR program like ABBYY Fine Reader or OmniPage (more expensive than ABBYY).

ABBYY Fine Reader: \"The new software delivers significant improvements in word accuracy and format retention, new ease-of-use features, added saving options, plus PDF conversion. The new software delivers significant improvements in word accuracy and format retention, new ease-of-use features, added saving options, plus PDF conversion.\" http://www.abbyy.com/finereader7/?param=1615

Good luck!

T.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent Help Transuite 2000 Cypresoft

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »