Cannot install LocStudio on Vista: error .NET Framework 2.0 or later must be installed first
Thread poster: Marta Valdés Enríquez
Marta Valdés Enríquez
Marta Valdés Enríquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:11
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 14, 2011

Error installing LocStudio (both 6.11 and 4.8) on Vista, says .NET Framework 2.0 or later must be installed first but it's already installed and plus I've tried installing Framework 4 and it doesn't work Would somebody help, please?

Oleg Karnaushenko
Oleg Karnaushenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 00:11
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Try this Dec 14, 2011

Hi Marta,

It's a bug of installer.
1. Open regedit.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Net Framework Setup->NDP.
3. Rename "CDF" branch to "v5" or maybe some other branch without numbers in name to a branch that contains number in name.
4. Install Locstudio.
5. Rename branch from p3. back.

It works for me and I hope it helps you.

Oleg.

Marta Valdés Enríquez
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another solution Dec 14, 2011

Many thanks for your reply, Oleg.

Another professional has just suggested a solution which I tried and it works too: uninstall Framework 4 (I uninstalled all later versions after 2.0) and install LocStudio. Automatic updates will install Framework 4 afterwords but then it won't be an issue because you already have LocStudio up and running. FYI: I installed 6.11.

Thank you all for your input, it's much appreciated.

All the best,
Marta

Andrada Constantinescu
Andrada Constantinescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 00:11
Member (2006)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Windows 7 Dec 15, 2011

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, but on Windows 7. None of the solutions above worked for me.

Any other suggestions, please?

Thanks!
Andrada

Martin Damiano Alcorta
Martin Damiano Alcorta  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did work on Windows 7 Jan 21, 2012

@Andrada: I had the same issue under Windows 7, I uninstalled Net. Framework v4, installed LocStudio 6.11 and that's it, everything worked like a charm! Send me a PM if you need help!

Urska Colner Vracun
Urska Colner Vracun
Slovenia
Slovenian
+ ...
Same problem on Win7 Jan 31, 2012

Hi,

None of the solutions above work for me. I tried uninstalling .NET everyhing and installing LocStudio 6.11, but nothing works. I still get the same two errors.

BTW, I had LocStudio 4 installed but I uninstalled it to install 6.11. Now I will have to re-install the 4 version and hope it works.

Urska

Marta Valdés Enríquez
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
LocStudio 6.11 on Windows 7 Mar 20, 2012

Dear Urska and Andrada,

After adding a new laptop to the family I was afraid of having the same issue on Windows 7, however, as Martin said, everything worked like a charm with the "uninstall Net. Framework first" method (I installed LocStudio 6.11). My advice is do not just reboot the system but shut it down completely and initiate it again before trying to install LocStudio.

Hope you were able to solve it.

Thank you all for your input,
Marta

Pieter Beens
Pieter Beens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
Resolution for Windows 8 Feb 21, 2014

I had problems with LocStudio on Windows 8 but finally found a solution which might work on Windows 7 too. I wrote it down at http://www.vertaalt.nu/blog/sdl-idiom-desktop-workbench-windows-8/

Deployer_
Deployer_
Lithuania
Try this Jul 16, 2014

1.Download Orca tool to edit "Microsoft Localization Studio 4.8.Msi" installation file http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor

2. Open msi file in "Orca" tool

3.Go to "CustomAction" table, right click and cut these lines : "DotNetVersionCheck" and "DotNetNotFound"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot install LocStudio on Vista: error .NET Framework 2.0 or later must be installed first

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »