CAT (language settings) in Word 2003
Thread poster: yolanda Speece
yolanda Speece
yolanda Speece  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 14, 2004

I was noticing in the Word 2003 that in the MENU under TOOLS there is a SET LANGUAGE section. When you set the language in WORD 2003, (for example in Spanish) will it spell check in this language or is there a need to install WORD 2003 and then the MICROSOFT SPELL CHECKER in the desired language?

I worked at a place that had this option and it worked wonderfully but I don't know if they installed the spell checker or if it came with Microsoft WORD 2003.

Can anyone c
... See more
I was noticing in the Word 2003 that in the MENU under TOOLS there is a SET LANGUAGE section. When you set the language in WORD 2003, (for example in Spanish) will it spell check in this language or is there a need to install WORD 2003 and then the MICROSOFT SPELL CHECKER in the desired language?

I worked at a place that had this option and it worked wonderfully but I don't know if they installed the spell checker or if it came with Microsoft WORD 2003.

Can anyone clarify this for me?
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:45
German to Spanish
Word always comes with 3 languages Mar 14, 2004

Word always comes with 3 languages, if your Word version is Spanish then with English and French. With the English version I do not know if Spanish is installed.

But...what do you mean with CAT???

[Edited at 2004-03-14 18:25]

yolanda Speece
yolanda Speece  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CAT in Word 2003 Mar 14, 2004

I guess I misunderstood. I thought the Set language was a form of Computer Aided Translation. You can't find it in the 97 but I guess you have it in the 2003 edition.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT (language settings) in Word 2003

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »