Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:38
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
More comments Mar 16, 2004

Per: I use Trados 6 FL. By the way I am not quite sure what file type these TTX files are. Word sees them as plain text, but they don't seem to be, apparently Word applies some filter...

Roberta: Thanks for the workaround. Like Per, I have some reservation about the process--though I agree it kind of works, and I would definitely do something like that if I had no better option. I remember a situation in which Word (or the whole system) crashed on me, and quite a bit of work had bee
... See more
Per: I use Trados 6 FL. By the way I am not quite sure what file type these TTX files are. Word sees them as plain text, but they don't seem to be, apparently Word applies some filter...

Roberta: Thanks for the workaround. Like Per, I have some reservation about the process--though I agree it kind of works, and I would definitely do something like that if I had no better option. I remember a situation in which Word (or the whole system) crashed on me, and quite a bit of work had been lost. But I saw that the units had been saved in the TM, so I simply applied everything and it was satisfactory.

Let me add that I don't have any document in need of a solution right now. I was trying to see how I could do it in the future. For now, I keep translating these particular jobs in SDLX (which isn't that bad anyway).

In fact I am getting used to it, and if you consider all the trouble of not only managing the documents, but also the TM (a large one was provided by the client for SDLX) between the two applications, it is probably not worth it (even if it worked as advertised).

Thanks all!

Jacques
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TradosTAG Parse Error when opening TTX in SDL Edit

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »