ITtranslations
Seychelles
Local time: 16:33
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2003

Hello,
I use Trados 5.5 with a termbase containing about 20.000 words. I've realized that some words (sometimes long, sometimes short) are not recognized by the TWB.
Could someone help me to find the cause of the problem?

Thanks a lot

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Tried creating a fuzzy index? Nov 18, 2003

Hi Eñaut,

I was about to suggest you create a fuzzy index. But I now realize that the problem is that you TWB doesn't see just some terms, isn't it?

Try anyway creating a fuzzy index. Cannot give a better solution.

Luck!

María José

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Have you correctly chosen the termbase? Nov 18, 2003

T5.5 can use MT5/5.5 (the "old" MultiTerm) as well as MultiTerm iX (a.k.a. MT Workstation) as source termbases. Therefore, you need to set the termbase in Options - Term Recognition Options.

HTH, Ralf

Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Term recognition options Nov 18, 2003

Hi
try to adjust the Term recognition options in the Options menu of the Workbench.
This is form the Trados Help on line:

Minimum Match Value: This value expresses the minimum acceptable degree of similarity between the terminology in your source segment and the matching terminology found in MultiTerm using fuzzy match search techniques. The higher the value, the more similar the terms must be. Translators work with different values according to their particular requirem
... See more
Hi
try to adjust the Term recognition options in the Options menu of the Workbench.
This is form the Trados Help on line:

Minimum Match Value: This value expresses the minimum acceptable degree of similarity between the terminology in your source segment and the matching terminology found in MultiTerm using fuzzy match search techniques. The higher the value, the more similar the terms must be. Translators work with different values according to their particular requirements. Values ranging from 30% to 100% are acceptable and the default is 70%. We recommend a minimum match value of between 65% and 75%.

Search Depth: This value defines the number of fuzzy matches Translator's Workbench examines from the MultiTerm database. Increasing the Search Depth value slows down terminology recognition; decreasing it speeds it up. Values ranging from 10 to 999 are acceptable, however high values are only necessary if you are working with large termbases. For medium-sized termbases, a value of 20 should yield perfect results.

Taken From: Translator's Workbench online help, (c) 1994-2001 by TRADOS Ireland Ltd., Dublin, Ireland.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms in MultiTerm not recognized by the TWB

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »