Thread poster: Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:40
German to English
Nov 18, 2003

Hi!
I've been using Trados 5.5 and Multiterm 5.5 for a while but have just had a problem. I received a customer's glossary in excel, converted it into import format using the t-window tool and got a file that looks like this (The square bracket language field codes are not showing here - but they are in my file - de for German and en for english):

Ansaugluftvorwärmung
preheating intake air
antizyklische Investitionspolitik
countercyclical investment
... See more
Hi!
I've been using Trados 5.5 and Multiterm 5.5 for a while but have just had a problem. I received a customer's glossary in excel, converted it into import format using the t-window tool and got a file that looks like this (The square bracket language field codes are not showing here - but they are in my file - de for German and en for english):

Ansaugluftvorwärmung
preheating intake air
antizyklische Investitionspolitik
countercyclical investment

Then I casually pressed import on multiterm expecting it to import and it didn't. I chose the file, then got a series of questions:

Do you want to document the import in a log file? Yes
A file of this name already exists. Do you want to overwrite it? Yes
The file for exporting non-imported entries already exists. Do you want to overwrite it? Yes

Then nothing! What am I doing wrong???
Thanks for any help you can offer.

[Edited at 2003-11-18 07:14]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:40
English to German
+ ...
Language tags missing Nov 18, 2003

Hi Gillian,
The language tags are missing - see this article from the Trados KB for details.

HTH, Ralf

Gillian Searl
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ralf, Nov 18, 2003

I explained in the post that they're not showing on this page but they are in my file

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Gillian,
The language tags are missing - see this article from the Trados KB for details.

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2003-11-18 08:22]

Gillian Searl
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I've just worked it out!! Nov 18, 2003

The language codes didn't load because they were in lower case and should have been in upper case!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm imports - frustration!!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »