Good news for Trados Freelance users: no more domain-based networking restriction
Thread poster: Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:42
French to English
Oct 31, 2003

I am taking the liberty of copying a message from Daniel Brockmann (Trados) sent to the tw_users list ([email protected]) this morning.

For the latest info and very informative discussions, join the list by sending a message to [email protected]

Quote:

Hi all,

thank you all for your valuable feedback regarding your networking needs.

I am
... See more
I am taking the liberty of copying a message from Daniel Brockmann (Trados) sent to the tw_users list ([email protected]) this morning.

For the latest info and very informative discussions, join the list by sending a message to [email protected]

Quote:

Hi all,

thank you all for your valuable feedback regarding your networking needs.

I am pleased to inform you that based on your feedback, TRADOS has removed the domain-based networking restriction that was originally planned for TRADOS 6.5 Freelance.

In the final release that will ship from mid-November, there will be no networking change with respect to earlier versions.

Thanks again for your involvement and commitment to helping TRADOS develop better software for you.

I hope you will welcome this move.

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

Daniel Brockmann
Product Manager Translation Tools
mailto:[email protected]
www.trados.com

End of quote.

Regards,
Karin Adamczyk

[Edited at 2003-10-31 14:42]
Collapse

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:42
English to French
Great Nov 1, 2003

That's good news. I felt sorry for the guys who updated only to find out he had to dismantle his network to use it.

Luis Arri Cibils
Luis Arri Cibils  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great, Karin. Nov 2, 2003

Perhaps now Atril's people may start reviewing some of their ideas re DVX.

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:42
German to English
More good news from Trados Nov 5, 2003

I've just heard that Trados is now offering a FREE update (rather than a paid upgrade) to 6.5 for Trados users who have a support
contract with Trados. I'm not 100% certain if this applies to all versions, but no doubt somebody from Trados will provide the full details.

It's encouraging to see that Trados is now responding so rapidly to user concerns.

Robin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good news for Trados Freelance users: no more domain-based networking restriction

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »