Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:56
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 1, 2002

Hello, People!

This question might be raised by other translators in the past. I am very new here, So I like to hear other translators\' feedback to this question.

My question is \"What can you do when the asker never came back to grade your translation although your translation is agreed by most peers?\" So far I noticed that I have 5 translations are in such situation. They are over a week now and disappeared from the pane of \"Resent Kudoz Question\"
... See more
Hello, People!

This question might be raised by other translators in the past. I am very new here, So I like to hear other translators\' feedback to this question.

My question is \"What can you do when the asker never came back to grade your translation although your translation is agreed by most peers?\" So far I noticed that I have 5 translations are in such situation. They are over a week now and disappeared from the pane of \"Resent Kudoz Question\" window, but I still can find them by using search feature.

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-01 20:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-01 20:30 ]
Collapse

Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:56
English to Greek
+ ...
answer not graded by asker Mar 1, 2002

Hi Kevin,

I asked the same question a few days ago being new to proz. Apparently, askers are under no obligation to grade although they are encouraged to do so. Credit is given internally as answers are stored on database.

Good luck

Margaret

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:56
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
"Peer acclaim" is supposed to cope with this situation Mar 1, 2002

The theory is that after some time has elapsed (should be about a week, I think, but it seems to vary), the points are supposed to be awarded by what is called \"peer acclaim\", i.e. they are given to the translator whose reply got the most support in the form of \"agree\" messages from other translators. If the asker awards the points to someone else, you are notified, but if they are awarded to someone else by \"peer acclaim\", I don\'t think you are.

This system sometime
... See more
The theory is that after some time has elapsed (should be about a week, I think, but it seems to vary), the points are supposed to be awarded by what is called \"peer acclaim\", i.e. they are given to the translator whose reply got the most support in the form of \"agree\" messages from other translators. If the asker awards the points to someone else, you are notified, but if they are awarded to someone else by \"peer acclaim\", I don\'t think you are.

This system sometimes works, sometimes not. I got points for two questions in this way the other day, but others far longer outstanding have just disappeared. There was one way back in mid-January to which my reply was the only one, it got about ten \"agrees\", but I have never heard what became of it. There ought to be an easier way of keeping track of questions to which one has replied (or maybe there is - I am no expert on the system myself, perhaps someone else can tell us more about it).
Collapse

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Greetings from Argentina! Mar 2, 2002

When you want to look at your old answers you can go to the KudoZ questions page, select your language pair, choose level (easy, pro or both), status (open, closed or both) and the size of the window.

If you chose open questions, pro level with a window of 500 questions, you can get a long gaze into the past.

Regards!

Enrique
[addsig]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:56
SITE FOUNDER
steps to encourage grading Mar 3, 2002

Grading is required; it is not optional.

Three days after a question is asked, and every other day thereafter for one week, \'please grade\' reminders are sent to the askers. If a question has not been graded

after two weeks, the system automatically assigns 4 points to the answer most highly regarded by peers. (The answer must have at least 2 net agrees, or 2 more agrees than disagrees.)

About 90% of all questions eventually get graded--80% b
... See more
Grading is required; it is not optional.

Three days after a question is asked, and every other day thereafter for one week, \'please grade\' reminders are sent to the askers. If a question has not been graded

after two weeks, the system automatically assigns 4 points to the answer most highly regarded by peers. (The answer must have at least 2 net agrees, or 2 more agrees than disagrees.)

About 90% of all questions eventually get graded--80% by the askers themselves, and another 10% by autograding based on peer review.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation never gets graded by the asker

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »