Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Idiom installation problem
Thread poster: Srdjan Stepanovic
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Posted in wrong thread by mistake.
László Domoszlai
László Domoszlai
Hungary
Local time: 10:59
English to Hungarian
+ ...
installation on 64-bit Win7 Apr 16, 2010

Nicole Schnell wrote:

Could you successfully bypass the problem on a 64 bit version of Windows 7?

Thanks so much in advance. Right now I am a bit frustrated - to put it mildly. None of my other software versions are working (QuarkXpress, Indesign) and they scream for pricy updates. Nice...

for all those who have problems during installing idiom desktop workbench on 64-bit win7:
try to install .NET 1.1 redistributable package first

you can download it from here

then run the idiom setup file in compatibility mode (i think all wista/xp modes are fine, i used xp sp3)

hope this helps

Inmaculada Belen Martinez
Inmaculada Belen Martinez
Local time: 09:59
English to Spanish
installation on 64-bit Win7 Sep 6, 2010

Hi,

After several hours trying to get this to work with 64-bit Win 7, I found that there was a missing step from the posts above.

This worked:

1) Remove any bodged .NET 1.1 installs with the MS recommended tool (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx)

2) Install .NET Framework 1.1 (NOT SP 1) , f
... See more
Hi,

After several hours trying to get this to work with 64-bit Win 7, I found that there was a missing step from the posts above.

This worked:

1) Remove any bodged .NET 1.1 installs with the MS recommended tool (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx)

2) Install .NET Framework 1.1 (NOT SP 1) , from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en)

3) Patch .NET Framework 1.1 up to Service Pack 1, from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en) [the Missing Step]

4) Allow prompted restart after patch

5) Download the latest (free) version for here, filling out your contact details (wasn´t obvious as a download page): http://www.idiominc.com/en/worldserver-desktop-workbench-download.asp

6) Install in compatibility mode as XP SP2

Et voila, hurrah, phew...

B.

(apologies for the long links)
Collapse

Reinis Straume
Reinis Straume
Latvia
Local time: 11:59
English to Latvian
+ ...
Thank you. Compatibility mode worked. Jan 27, 2011

Srdjan Stepanovic wrote:

Hi Nicole,

this worked for me:

right-click on the Idiom installation file,
select Properties and then click the Compatibility tab,
under Compatibility mode, select Run this program in compatiblity mode for checkbox,
then select Windows XP (service pack 3) from the drop-down list.
Run the installation and it should work fine, I hope

I am using Win 7 Ultimate edition (32-bit)

Thank you! You really helped me there. Had the exact same problem and now it's gone thanks to the compatibility mode. I actually made an account here just to say thanks Cheers!

Christoffer Neustrup
Christoffer Neustrup  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Danish
+ ...
Thanks Belén! Aug 8, 2011

Hi Belén,

I just had the same problem (Win7, 64bit) and your step-by-step explanation helped me solve the problem. It was the updated dotnet that made the difference in my case.

Thanks a bunch!

Chris

Tamoo
Tamoo
Local time: 14:29
English to French
Windows 7 64 bit installation Nov 15, 2012

I confirm Srdjan' trick. Worked like a charm for me after getting the error messages previously.

under Compatibility mode, select Run this program in compatiblity mode for checkbox,

Thank you for sharing your good idea.

For those trying to install Translation Workspace with MS
... See more
I confirm Srdjan' trick. Worked like a charm for me after getting the error messages previously.

Thank you for sharing your good idea.

For those trying to install Translation Workspace with MS Office 2010 64 bit version, it doesn't work. You need to install the 32 bit version first. I don't know if it's the right place to post this, but thought it might be useful to know to those who tried like me!

Anyway, thanks again Srdjan, nice one!
Collapse

Du Ko
Du Ko
English to Czech
+ ...
Windows 8.1 64-bit Nov 29, 2013

Works for my Windows 8.1 64-bit system as well. Many thanks!

Cynthia Trinidad
Cynthia Trinidad  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:59
Member (2002)
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Windows 8.1 64-bit Dec 4, 2013

Did not work on mine any other tips?

Pieter Beens
Pieter Beens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
Opening XLZ in Studio 2014 Feb 4, 2014

I just opened my XLZ file in Studio 2014 via Ctrl + Shift + O (Open a file).
It works and everything seems fine. Not sure about the project TM though...

Davidrainey
Davidrainey
Australia
Can I put my dotnet installation files in the same folder as idiom install package...? Feb 4, 2014

I tried to install Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench and it went ahead downloading entire huge dotnet package. I have dotnet latest versions already installed on my pc (w7).

I want to know that can I put my dotnet installation files in the same folder as idiom install package...?

patrickgortj (X)
patrickgortj (X)
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Works on Windows 8.1 Mar 13, 2014

Just installed this (v9.0.1.60) on Windows 8.1 64-bit (clean install). No fixes, no workarounds – it just works. Thought I'd share

Fouad Hassaan
Fouad Hassaan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Arabic
+ ...
This is the best solution and many thanks for this Jun 26, 2014

Srdjan Stepanovic wrote:

Hi Nicole,

this worked for me:

Run the installation and it should work fine, I hope

I am using Win 7 Ultimate edition (32-bit)

This is the best solution and many thanks for this

Aniza Borhan
Aniza Borhan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 16:59
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
Patricgortjes... How did you go about installing? Oct 9, 2014

patrickgortjes wrote:

Just installed this (v9.0.1.60) on Windows 8.1 64-bit (clean install). No fixes, no workarounds – it just works. Thought I'd share

Hi... I tried doing clean install. I also tried the solution provided by PIETER BEENS, but no luck still.

Any other method, anyone... ?

Delphine Fisher
Delphine Fisher
Israel
English to French
+ ...
Hi, Does anyone has a link to download for free the Idiom Desktop Workbench? Thanks a lot! Nov 27, 2017

Srdjan Stepanovic wrote:

Hi everybody!

I am trying to install Idiom Desktop Workbench (version 9.0.1.49) on my laptop running Windows 7. During the installation process I keep getting the message that there was an error during the installation of .NET Framework. Anybody with the same problem?

Thanks!

Srdjan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom installation problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »