Problem with target language inTrados
Thread poster: Céline Graciet
Céline Graciet
Céline Graciet
Local time: 05:23
English to French
Oct 21, 2003

Hi all,

I'm working on a document with Trados, I've set the target language to be French but when I translate, it put squiggles under French words and even autocorrects them. If I keep typing, it seems to recognize that it's in French and stops doing it, but then I have to correct the autocorrections.

Very frustrating. I hope someone will be able to help me out.

Céline

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:23
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Set the target language to French in styles too Oct 21, 2003

and uncheck the option for automatic language detection. Press CTRL+A to select the whole text, go to extras - language and select French once again. Be sure to uncheck the option for automatic language detection. The check box MUST BE BLANK, there MUST BE no mark in it (even if it is grey, uncheck it to leave the box blank).
This should do the trick.

HTH
Jerzy

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Which version, which editor ? Oct 21, 2003

Hello,

if you are using WinWord, you should enabel the automatic setting of the target language in trados and disable the automatic language detection in WinWord.

Hans

Céline Graciet
Céline Graciet
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy... Oct 21, 2003

... but I don't see the 'extra' button you mention... am I being dumber than usual?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is no extra button Oct 21, 2003

Please contact me dirctly, so I´ll send you a screen shot of the proper settings.

Jerzy

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:23
English to French
Tools Oct 21, 2003

It's not "extra" in the English version, it's "Tools" ("outils" pour la version française) if I understand what Jerzy meant. Not a button, but a menu.

So go to Tools/Language/Set language and a pop up window will appear. At the bottom, there will be 2 option cases (those small square thingy which you can check or uncheck), with a rather self explanatory title.

Cheers,
Sylver

Céline Graciet
Céline Graciet
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 21, 2003

That was a bit of a weird one, wasn't it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with target language inTrados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »