NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 10:13
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Oct 13, 2003

Hi again,
Suddenly only 3 keys are available to me on the toolbar : open, copy source and close. No open/get, set/close. I am proofreading the document and can just use the fuzzy key to get to the segments that need reviewing; but as I say, I suddenly cannot, and that applies to a new document I opened to verify this occurrence.

I was going along merrily in the document when I decided to check a term in Concordance - whereupon I realised I had not specified the correct TM in t
... See more
Hi again,
Suddenly only 3 keys are available to me on the toolbar : open, copy source and close. No open/get, set/close. I am proofreading the document and can just use the fuzzy key to get to the segments that need reviewing; but as I say, I suddenly cannot, and that applies to a new document I opened to verify this occurrence.

I was going along merrily in the document when I decided to check a term in Concordance - whereupon I realised I had not specified the correct TM in the TM Options at the beginning of the doc, when I chose the TM. So I corrected this oversight - and got myself into this mess. Now no matter what I try - reverting to the old TM in TM options, close everything and open again with a new doc - nothing seems to work.
Anybody know how to get out of this jam ?
TIA
Nancy
Collapse

Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Just drag the end of the Trados tool bar... Oct 13, 2003

...and resize it until all the buttons become visible again. Alternatively, you can use the Trados menu on the Word menu bar or the keyboard shortcuts (Alt + Up for concordance) after highlighting the desired text.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 10:13
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
I haven't made myself clear Oct 13, 2003

I can see the buttons. They are greyed out and inaccessible, as are the short-cut keys I would use for the set/get function.
I just can't figure out how to sort this out.
Thanks for your help!
Nancy

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Oct 14, 2003

Hi Nancy Lynn,
Which version of Trados are you using?
Which editor are you working in (Word - if yes, which version - or TagEditor)?

Without knowing more, it sounds as if TagEditor had lost connection to the Workbench; this usually happens with non-matching languages or locales.

Best regards, Ralf

LuciaC
LuciaC
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Link Oct 14, 2003

There's a Yahoo Group TW Users. I once solved a problem by simply searching it in the archive - or you can post a message, of course.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/

If our experts can't help, try there.

Good luck
L.

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
TW4WN toolbars Oct 14, 2003

Nancy Lynn, I still think that you physically need to drag the end of the toolbar to stretch it out again. Your cursor will change into an arrow at both ends. Try it! This should reveal the hidden icons. Failing that, I'd go to the View section of the Word menu and go to tools and unclick and click again on TW4WN.
Good luck!
Marijke

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:13
English to French
If in Word Oct 18, 2003

NancyLynn wrote:

I can see the buttons. They are greyed out and inaccessible, as are the short-cut keys I would use for the set/get function.
I just can't figure out how to sort this out.
Thanks for your help!
Nancy

I would suggest you close word, find and delete (or rename and move) your "normal.dot" then reopen word.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

missing keys in workbench

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »