How to open an exiting Multiterm with Trados 6.0?
Thread poster: Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 16:48
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 2, 2003

Dear listmates,

I have Trados 6.0 iX and I need to open an exiting Multiterm database which belongs to a last year's project and was made with Trados 5.0 or 5.5. (file .mtw format)
How should I do it? I tried to read the Help Guide but nothing useful. And I am in need of starting a project with MT asap!

Please any soon advice would be appreciated!
Best regards,

Silvina

Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:48
English to Italian
+ ...
File Format Sep 2, 2003

Hi,

I have Trados 6.0, and in Multiterm iX 6.0
the file extensions for the termbase file is .mxw.

However, to use the old Termbase, you have to open Multiterm and, from the menu TOOLS
use the option "Attach Termbase".
You will get a window in which to selct the folder of the termbase to be attached and a name for it. Provide the folder location and whatever a name you like.
After you have attached the termbase, use the TERMBASE menu, option "Open
... See more
Hi,

I have Trados 6.0, and in Multiterm iX 6.0
the file extensions for the termbase file is .mxw.

However, to use the old Termbase, you have to open Multiterm and, from the menu TOOLS
use the option "Attach Termbase".
You will get a window in which to selct the folder of the termbase to be attached and a name for it. Provide the folder location and whatever a name you like.
After you have attached the termbase, use the TERMBASE menu, option "Open", and you will get a window listing the termbase you have attached with the name you chose.
Simply select that termbase and you will be done.

HTH

FFB

[Edited at 2003-09-02 21:54]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open an exiting Multiterm with Trados 6.0?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »