Thread poster: Mariflor Salas
Mariflor Salas
Mariflor Salas  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 09:13
English to Spanish
Aug 20, 2003

Can someone help me?

I have Trados 5.5 and Windows XP. Tonight I was translating a document and noticed that my Tools functions (translate, clean up) do not seem to be working. I add the documents to be cleaned (or translated, to update the memories) and nothing happens. This is something that I do every day, all the time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong today!

Can someone help me here?

Thanks!

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:13
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados Aug 20, 2003

Save your document as RTF. Close Word window. Clean-up using the saved document.

Another thing you can do is uninstall and reinstall Trados.

Another thing is going through the options as listed in the WB.

Another thing is to contact trados support directly by e-mail, who will then get back to you within a day or two.

These are my suggestions, but then again, I have not run into the same problem in the many years I have used the program. Yo
... See more
Save your document as RTF. Close Word window. Clean-up using the saved document.

Another thing you can do is uninstall and reinstall Trados.

Another thing is going through the options as listed in the WB.

Another thing is to contact trados support directly by e-mail, who will then get back to you within a day or two.

These are my suggestions, but then again, I have not run into the same problem in the many years I have used the program. You can always refer to the help files too.
Collapse

Mariflor Salas
Mariflor Salas  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 09:13
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Solved it! Aug 21, 2003

Thanks Blangsted for your help and sorry for not replying to your message earlier (I wasn't home today). The problem seemed to be the log file. I still don't understand why, but I created a new log file and that took care of the problem.

Many thanks again for your prompt reply. Next time I will be trying your solutions first.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados 5.5 . Translate function

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »