Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:45
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 16, 2003

Hi,

After my recent problems with laptops and PCs dying on me, my boyfriend has kindly offered to let me use his PC as a backup in case all my other backups go wrong again.

The problem is, his laptop doesn't have a serial port for the dongle. I've seen people mention a USB dongle here, but can't find anything on the Trados website.

Does anyone know more about USB dongles - how much they cost, where you get them etc?

TIA,

Joanne... See more
Hi,

After my recent problems with laptops and PCs dying on me, my boyfriend has kindly offered to let me use his PC as a backup in case all my other backups go wrong again.

The problem is, his laptop doesn't have a serial port for the dongle. I've seen people mention a USB dongle here, but can't find anything on the Trados website.

Does anyone know more about USB dongles - how much they cost, where you get them etc?

TIA,

Joanne

[Edited at 2003-07-16 08:43]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:45
English to German
+ ...
Contact the Trados office you bought the software from Jul 16, 2003

Hi Joanne,
USB dongles are available directly from Trados; they do charge a fee (can't remember what it was, I'm afraid) for exchanging an operative parallel dongle into USB.

Best regards, Ralf

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 16:45
German to English
+ ...
100 Euro Jul 16, 2003

Hi there,

I switched my dongle to a USB recently - it cost 100 Euro plus VAT.

All the best

Ian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

USB dongle for Trados?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »