Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:21
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2003

Hi,
I guess this is a very basic question. I have a document with Arial fonts. When I translate some of the segments (not all of them), Trados changes the font into Times New Roman. How can I avoid this? I tried to find an answer in Trados Help but did not succeed.
Thank you in advance.
Laura

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the formatting template Jul 4, 2003

Hi Laura,
This was discussed a few times on TW_users.

A frequent cause of this problem (which is caused by Word, not directly by Workbench) is poor formatting of the source document: Times New Roman 10pt is the default font in Word's normal.dot template. Word users wishing to change this often reformat their texts manually rather than changing the "Standard" template. I
... See more
Hi Laura,
This was discussed a few times on TW_users.

A frequent cause of this problem (which is caused by Word, not directly by Workbench) is poor formatting of the source document: Times New Roman 10pt is the default font in Word's normal.dot template. Word users wishing to change this often reformat their texts manually rather than changing the "Standard" template. If they forget to format the last paragraph mark in a text paragraph, Word "recognises" the original formatting and changes the font when Workbench places a TU back into the document.

If that's the cause of the problem, just change the formatting of the "Standard" template - that should fix it.

HTH - Ralf
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
normal.dot Jul 4, 2003

Hello,

sometimes it is useful to have a set of templates in the normal.dot for each client. With a small Skript or Batch file you can change the normal.dot for your clients before starting word.

Hans

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Ralph Jul 4, 2003

You have been very helpful, as usual.
Thanks
Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados changes font from Arial to Times New Roman

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »