Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 4, 2003

Hi to all!

I've opened an .itd file and also a TermBase database in the Edit module.

When I'm in a segment, I hit [CTRL + F8] so that it performs an automatic search, but the little window that appears after Show Mini Browser doesn't show anything. Or I can't even move from one term to another with the arrow buttons.

Have I skipped some step?

Thanks in advance!

Maria
... See more
Hi to all!

When I'm in a segment, I hit [CTRL + F8] so that it performs an automatic search, but the little window that appears after Show Mini Browser doesn't show anything. Or I can't even move from one term to another with the arrow buttons.

Thanks in advance!

Maria José
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:09
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
no search in the mini-browser with Ctrl+F8 Jul 4, 2003

Maria Asis wrote:

Hi Maria,

you don't perform a search in the mini-browser with Ctrl+F8, but in the TB itself. Results are displayed automatically and directly under the two colums source/target, where a TM segment match is also displayed (if any).

In order to use the mini-browser, you need either to copy & paste the term or type it directly into the left box and press the search symbol.

You don't manage to press the arrows as no term is entered (using Ctrl + F8 ).

Best,

Giuliana

[Edited at 2003-07-04 18:03]

Maria Asis
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 5, 2003

Thanks Giuliana!

So the term search will be performed in TB automatically and will appear in the Mini Browser?

Kindest regards,

Maria José

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:09
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
No, not in the mini-browser.. Jul 6, 2003

Hi Maria,

When you use Ctrl+F8 you search the TB. The mini-browser is an extra search help, but it doesn't work with that command. You have to use the mini-browser as you would with MultiTerm or TB in DV, that is you type the term and search for it. Ctrl+F8 or any other command, as Ctrl+F4, F4, F5 Ctrl+M, etc. are commands for SDLX Edit.

I use the mini-browser for ex. when I am looking for all compounds with a certain term.. and I get all terms containing it.

... See more
Hi Maria,

When you use Ctrl+F8 you search the TB. The mini-browser is an extra search help, but it doesn't work with that command. You have to use the mini-browser as you would with MultiTerm or TB in DV, that is you type the term and search for it. Ctrl+F8 or any other command, as Ctrl+F4, F4, F5 Ctrl+M, etc. are commands for SDLX Edit.

I use the mini-browser for ex. when I am looking for all compounds with a certain term.. and I get all terms containing it.

Best,

Giuliana
Collapse

Maria Asis
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I got it! :-) Jul 8, 2003

Thanks, Giuliana!

I finally managed to do it with the help of your instructions!

Have a nice day!

Maria José

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TermBase doesn't seem to be open with SDLX 2003

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »