Workbench 5.0 problems: inconsistent interaction with Multiterm, segments jumping to previous page
Thread poster: Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:02
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Jun 20, 2003

The problem is like this: when I start working with Trados (work document) workbench shows the terms from my multiterm database. but when I add a new entry to it, workbench stops to search for terms in multiterm, while term recognition option in it is marked like before. Can you help me please?

and another:

while coming to the next untranslated segment this segment is not situated at the middle of the page but leaps up almost to the previous page. Are there some adjustm
... See more
The problem is like this: when I start working with Trados (work document) workbench shows the terms from my multiterm database. but when I add a new entry to it, workbench stops to search for terms in multiterm, while term recognition option in it is marked like before. Can you help me please?

and another:

while coming to the next untranslated segment this segment is not situated at the middle of the page but leaps up almost to the previous page. Are there some adjustments to avoid it?

I will appreciate any advice. And yes, I have Trados 5 Freelance.
Collapse

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:02
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try creating fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

Myron Netchypor wrote:

Hi Myron,

Maybe you need to create a fuzzy index after you add a new term to the MT database so that can be effectively added.

Try this. File > Create Fuzzy Index.

Hope that helps for this problem. No clue for the other thing.

Luck!

Maria José

mps1 (X)
mps1 (X)
Spain
Local time: 04:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

Maria Asis wrote:

Myron Netchypor wrote:

Hi Myron,

Maybe you need to create a fuzzy index after you add a new term to the MT database so that can be effectively added.

Luck!

Maria José

mps1 (X)
mps1 (X)
Spain
Local time: 04:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

yes, I agree with María José. Create a fuzzy Index. I had the same problem with the multi term and then it worked. I kdon't understand your second problem. Mirta.

Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:02
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Gracias! Jun 20, 2003

Thank you Maria, it works well now!
[/quote]

Hi Myron,

Luck!

Maria José[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench 5.0 problems: inconsistent interaction with Multiterm, segments jumping to previous page

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »