Thread poster: corinne durand
corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:26
English to French
+ ...
May 30, 2003

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone can help before I go totally crazy!!! I am using Trados in a Word document and every time I close a segment and open another one, or I do 'translate to fuzzy' and there is no exact match, the cursor jumps back to the very top of the document and I have to go back down to each segment every time. This has never happened to me before, can anyone help?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Corinne

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Perhaps recreating your Trados and Normal template could help May 30, 2003

Well, this happend to me before only when using KudoZ.net tool, but the fault was caused by this programm.

But nevertheless, if this not happend before, so possibly your templates are corrupted.
To recreate them first close Word. Locate your Normal.dot template on your HDD and rename it to Normal.do_ (or similar, but do not delete it). Locate your Word startup directory. Rename the Trados template there to something like *.do_. Locate your Trados template in Trados installati
... See more
Well, this happend to me before only when using KudoZ.net tool, but the fault was caused by this programm.

But nevertheless, if this not happend before, so possibly your templates are corrupted.
To recreate them first close Word. Locate your Normal.dot template on your HDD and rename it to Normal.do_ (or similar, but do not delete it). Locate your Word startup directory. Rename the Trados template there to something like *.do_. Locate your Trados template in Trados installation directory, the name depends on your Trados version - it is Tw4win.dot or Trados5.dot. Copy this template to your Word startup directory.
Try now. Perhaps it helps. If this helps, you only need to "organize" (copy) your auto textes and styles from your old Normal.dot to the new one, which is created by Word after starting it. Follow the MS help instruction on copying styles and autotextes between templates.

I hope this was the case...

Kind regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:26
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
perhaps Trados/fix document will help?? May 30, 2003

From time to time I encounter similar problems, especially in documents with figures. Sometimes "fix document" from the Trados menu does the trick. Sometimes I need to start with a brand new document (of course you make a backup before you start translating).

Maybe this helps

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:26
English to Turkish
+ ...
I don't know anything about Trados but May 30, 2003

I guess the problem is something related with "protect form" command of Word.

In the forms toolbar of Word, there is an icon named "protect form". You should deselect it if the problem is related to Word.

Hope it helps

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor jumps back to beginning of document

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »