Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Am I missing a tool or CAT tools fail to deliver?
Thread poster: Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Similar to Logoport Aug 27, 2008

Samuel Murray wrote:

PICOW wrote:
How can I "see" that translator #2 never translated the whole sentence but translated this sentence with a fuzzy from translator #1?

So, you wish to have a record of which segment was translated by which translator, and which segment was translated after a match was proposed, and who the translator of the proposed segment was, right?

If you can write a macro in MS Word, you may be able to get this out of Wordfast. WF doesn't have this feature exactly, but in WF you can display the proposed match's attributes during translation. If you can write a macro to copy the attributes from that view and somehow paste it in the purple text that accompanies every segment, you'll have a record in bilingual format of it.

It would be interesting to know if it would be possible to add a reduced version of the match's attribute as an additional attribute to the current segment's TU, so that you'll have the information in TM format in addition to having it in bilingual RTF format.

Hi Samuel,

thank you for your reply.

I have not used WF and I try to avoid Word if possible. With team translation this is also not an option for me. It looks the same as Logoport to me.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:34
English to French
Who translated what... Aug 28, 2008

PICOW wrote:

I have not used WF and I try to avoid Word if possible. With team translation this is also not an option for me. It looks the same as Logoport to me.

First, there is no issue with team translation with Wordfast at all. Just use a server and you can have very large teams working with the same TM.

Second, to know who translated what in the TM isn't much of a problem.

Just grab the TM, open it in a TM management software like Olifant and export all source text translated by whatever translator you are interested in, by date. Then you can run a wordcount.

For the exact match percentages gotten by each translator, just grab their translated files and you will see between each segment the match percentage they got. So let's say you are proofreading another translator's work, you would just go through his segmented file and see for each segment what match % he got while you proofread.

Apart from attempting to get discount on intra-file matches (a rip off), I don't see the point, production-wise.

Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I agree... Sep 3, 2008

sylver wrote:

Apart from attempting to get discount on intra-file matches (a rip off), I don't see the point, production-wise.

This seems a waste of time for ordinary projects, but for projects with 1.000.000+ words and 10+ translators working on repetitive texts, we are talking about tens of thousands of euros.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Am I missing a tool or CAT tools fail to deliver?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »