Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 10:15
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 9, 2003

Dear all,

Now I am working with Trados 3 (I have also Trados 5.5 in my PC). When I open a TM, it works well and all TUs are opened, but the problem arises when I try to use the Concordance function to find another similar TUs already translated before, an error message appears:

\"(31005) Database corrupt! Run Export, Create a new TM and Reimport\"

Although I made this process three times, it does not work when using Concordance.

... See more
Dear all,

Now I am working with Trados 3 (I have also Trados 5.5 in my PC). When I open a TM, it works well and all TUs are opened, but the problem arises when I try to use the Concordance function to find another similar TUs already translated before, an error message appears:

\"(31005) Database corrupt! Run Export, Create a new TM and Reimport\"

Although I made this process three times, it does not work when using Concordance.

Regarding your experience, how should I proceed? It was working perfectly until yesterday afternoon and I am in the middle of a rush assignment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please any SOON assistance would be highly appreciated.

Best regards, thanks and nice Friday

Silvina

Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:15
English to Danish
+ ...
Have you tried this? May 9, 2003

Try another work-around:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=707

Jørgen

Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Urgent: Problem with Conconrdance (continued) May 9, 2003

Anybody know whether is it a good process to desintall and reinstall Trados with CD??? Perhaps this problem dissapears?!!!!

Please I am desperate any advice would be highlu highly appreciated!!!!

Thks.

S.

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Why work in Trados 3 when you have 5.5? May 9, 2003

Have you tried working with Trados 5.5 instead? It could be that when installing the newer version of Trados some of the old Trados 3 files have been overwritten...

Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
replying to Trados issue May 9, 2003

I am working with Trados 3 because of the client\'s requirement. I do not think that some of the old Trados 3 files had benn overwritten because it was installed in another folder with no problem so far.

Perhaps it is a good idea to desinstall Trados and reinstall with CD??? I do not know!!!

Thanks and regards,

S.

Quote:

On 2003-05-09 1... See more
I am working with Trados 3 because of the client\'s requirement. I do not think that some of the old Trados 3 files had benn overwritten because it was installed in another folder with no problem so far.

Perhaps it is a good idea to desinstall Trados and reinstall with CD??? I do not know!!!

Thanks and regards,

S.

Quote:

On 2003-05-09 12:33, CDClark wrote:

Have you tried working with Trados 5.5 instead? It could be that when installing the newer version of Trados some of the old Trados 3 files have been overwritten...

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Issues with parallel installations May 9, 2003

As with most other applications, running two different versions on the same machine always incurs significant risks.

Did you follow the procedures prescribed by Trados when switching between versions?

Also, AFAIK the database structure and indexing process was changed in T5 - therefore, once you have reorganised a TM under T5, T3 might no longer be able to use that databas
... See more
As with most other applications, running two different versions on the same machine always incurs significant risks.

Did you follow the procedures prescribed by Trados when switching between versions?

Also, AFAIK the database structure and indexing process was changed in T5 - therefore, once you have reorganised a TM under T5, T3 might no longer be able to use that database for fuzzy search (Concordance uses that index). To use the same TM under T3, export in T5, create a new database in T3 and reimport.

Why you would want to use T3 is beyond me, though...

HTH - Ralf

[ This Message was edited by: Lemster on 2003-05-10 02:51]

[ This Message was edited by: Lemster on 2003-05-10 02:52]
Collapse

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
If clients only have Trados 3 May 9, 2003

Hello,

Clients that only have Trados 3 might not be able to access files translated using Trados 5. This also applies to TMs and other Trados features.

When I refer to files, I am not referring to Word documents (these work ok) but to WinAlign files (not converted into TXT)and to Tag Editor files.

Also, memories created with Trados 5 cannot be open using Trados 3. For that, conversion will be necessary.

This is
... See more
Hello,

Clients that only have Trados 3 might not be able to access files translated using Trados 5. This also applies to TMs and other Trados features.

When I refer to files, I am not referring to Word documents (these work ok) but to WinAlign files (not converted into TXT)and to Tag Editor files.

Also, memories created with Trados 5 cannot be open using Trados 3. For that, conversion will be necessary.

This is my own experience and I do accept if other users don\'t agree with me on this.

Regards,

Mónica

[ This Message was edited by: mmachado on 2003-05-10 12:34]
Collapse

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:15
French to English
My clients with version 3 are reading my files produced by version 6 May 9, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-09 20:52, mmachado wrote:

Hello,

Of course they can. I use version 6 and send uncleaned and cleaned files to clients that use version 3, and did the same when I was using version 5.5 -- there is no problem workin... See more
Quote:

On 2003-05-09 20:52, mmachado wrote:

Hello,

Of course they can. I use version 6 and send uncleaned and cleaned files to clients that use version 3, and did the same when I was using version 5.5 -- there is no problem working with files created in other versions.

The only problem for a version 3 client is that they cannot open a memory created with a later version (I mean the *.tmw and related files). If you need to supply a memory, all you need to do is export to text and clients can import the resulting file into their version 3 databases. The same is true for versions 5.5 and 6.

Having two different versions installed is probably causing the problem. Uninstall version 3, export the memory as advised, create a new memory, import, reorganize and I\'m sure the problem will be solved.

HTH,

Karin Adamczyk

P.S. Support contracts are worth their weight in gold when you are faced with work you can\'t get done and problems with software. I have seen these requests for help on various lists all day, but I had deadlines to meet too and couldn\'t help earlier. ▲ Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Value of support contract May 10, 2003

Quote:

P.S. Support contracts are worth their weight in gold when you are faced with work you can\'t get done and problems with software. I have seen these requests for help on various lists all day, but I had deadlines to meet too and couldn\'t help earlier.

I couldn\'t agree more.

Ralf

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I am sorry if I am wrong May 10, 2003

[ This Message was edited by: mmachado on 2003-05-10 14:07]

[ This Message was edited by: mmachado on 2003-05-10 14:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent: Problem with Trados - Concordance function

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »