Error in Trados T-Window for Excel
Thread poster: Hildegard
Hildegard
Hildegard
French to English
May 7, 2003

Hi,

I\'m trying to analyse Excel files in the T-Window for Excel tool but it keeps giving me errors (although it doesn\'t specify what the problem is - in fact it says \"analysis complete\" and when I go to view it, alls I see is 0 after 0). I can\'t for the life of me figure out what I\'m doing wrong. I\'ve created the project, added the source files, chosen the correct translation memory (and have Workbench running) and and am now selecting the source files to be analysed
... See more
Hi,

I\'m trying to analyse Excel files in the T-Window for Excel tool but it keeps giving me errors (although it doesn\'t specify what the problem is - in fact it says \"analysis complete\" and when I go to view it, alls I see is 0 after 0). I can\'t for the life of me figure out what I\'m doing wrong. I\'ve created the project, added the source files, chosen the correct translation memory (and have Workbench running) and and am now selecting the source files to be analysed but with no luck whatsoever.

Would really appreciate any input as this has me well dumbfounded!

Thanks.
Collapse

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you choosing the column? May 7, 2003

Check the original file and see what column needs translation, and then select it in T-Windows.

Best regards,

P.

Hildegard
Hildegard
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
It seems to be on strike! May 8, 2003

Hi Pilar,

Have tried what you suggested and selected just one worksheet and one column to be analysed but the same thing keeps happening over and over. I never used to have these problems and I can\'t think what I might be doing differently this time round to cause these errors. Should the file that is being analysed be open or closed? Well I\'ve tried it both ways and it doesn\'t make a difference...

pkb (X)
pkb (X)

Local time: 04:09
French to English
T-Window for Excel is a disgrace to Trados May 9, 2003

There are so many bugs in T-window for Excel that I really think that Trados should not have published it.

Are your files large, with lots of pictures perhaps? Trados completely refuses to work on some files (but it might do them - very very slowly - tomorrow !).

There are also ways that T-Window can mess up your work after you have finished it.

Trados is FANTASTIC for Word files, but, for Excel or Powerpoint, you will be better off
... See more
There are so many bugs in T-window for Excel that I really think that Trados should not have published it.

Are your files large, with lots of pictures perhaps? Trados completely refuses to work on some files (but it might do them - very very slowly - tomorrow !).

There are also ways that T-Window can mess up your work after you have finished it.

Trados is FANTASTIC for Word files, but, for Excel or Powerpoint, you will be better off with Transit.

I am waiting to see whether the bugs have been cured in T6.

Philip
Collapse

Evdoxia R. (X)
Evdoxia R. (X)
Greece
Local time: 06:09
English to Greek
+ ...
same problem Aug 19, 2003

I have exactly the same problem with you. Up to now I haven't found any solution for T-Window for Excel. The only thing I noticed is that T-Window for excel can't analyse any excel file because it converts the >*.xls> to
Still trying to find an answer.
Regards,
evdoxia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in Trados T-Window for Excel

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »