create *.xlz for Idiom desktop workbench
Thread poster: thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
Local time: 07:39
English to Vietnamese
Jun 4, 2008

Hi my client just send me a project using Desktop WorkBench but they send the project with word document. However DWB only accept *.xlz. How can I create file xlz to use for DWB(from word document to *.xlz). If using 3rd company programme please support me with the links
Thanks

Gabi Franz
Gabi Franz
Local time: 02:39
English to German
Not possible Jun 4, 2008

Hi, as far as I know this is not possible. This needs to be done in Idiom WorldServer by your client, that is your client needs to import the Word document into WorldServer and prepare an xlz package (which contains the file, the relevant TM entries and the glossary) which you can edit in Idiom Workbench.

Cheers,
Gabi

Mihaela Boteva
Mihaela Boteva  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:39
Member (2005)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Not possible Jun 4, 2008

With Gabi -- this is not possible. Your client needs to prepare the package and send it to you.

Best,
Michaela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

create *.xlz for Idiom desktop workbench

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »