NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 18:38
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

May 1, 2003

Hello again,

Now I am working on a PP file using T-Windows at the client\'s request.

I was going along swimmingly until I got to an embedded graphic, giving me Error 91. I looked into it, dowloaded the patch, executed it, restarted the computer, reopened my doc... Then I was able to get into the embedded graphic, translate and move on.

But wait! As soon as I go to the next slide, full of text, I can open a segment and translate it, but the double-ended arrow, and al
... See more
Hello again,

Now I am working on a PP file using T-Windows at the client\'s request.

I was going along swimmingly until I got to an embedded graphic, giving me Error 91. I looked into it, dowloaded the patch, executed it, restarted the computer, reopened my doc... Then I was able to get into the embedded graphic, translate and move on.

But wait! As soon as I go to the next slide, full of text, I can open a segment and translate it, but the double-ended arrow, and alt+ do not close the segment and re-open the next. I must set and close, then manually select the next segment, then open it, translate, set and lcose, manually select the next, open it...

What have I done wrong?

I ma grateful for any tips you may provide. As you all know, we are ALWAYS under the gun when translating, and of course these problems crop up at the worst possible time!

Nancy
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 18:38
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
New development May 1, 2003

Hello again,

By fooling around with the various commands, I\'ve discovered that alt+home, open/get, actually performs the task that set/get, or alt+, should be doing.

It\'s all wrong, but so long as I can finish this project, I\'ll just use this crazy system for now, and try to figure it all out later!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt+ gone from t-Windows for PP

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »