Susanne Döring  Identity Verified
Jordan
Local time: 20:13
Member (2017)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2019

Hello,
just had to replace my old computer so I downloaded the newest version of CT. I managed most things but now when I started working I missed the tab "MT Memory" which used to sit right beside the Project TM and I often found the translations there useful. Is there a possibility to find this in the new version? there I have Project TM left and Matchboard right - but it does not give me the texts or suggestions I used to see under MT Memory.

Thank you!

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Preferences Jan 10, 2019

Susanne Döring wrote:

Hello,
just had to replace my old computer so I downloaded the newest version of CT. I managed most things but now when I started working I missed the tab "MT Memory" which used to sit right beside the Project TM and I often found the translations there useful. Is there a possibility to find this in the new version? there I have Project TM left and Matchboard right - but it does not give me the texts or suggestions I used to see under MT Memory.

Thank you!

Did you check the MyMemory checkbox on the MT Services tab under Edit > Preferences?

Susanne Döring
Jordan
Member (2017)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not yet Jan 10, 2019

Thank you, now I did, but it just showes the English sentence, not a translation. I must have done something wrong.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Restart Jan 10, 2019

Susanne Döring wrote:

Thank you, now I did, but it just showes the English sentence, not a translation. I must have done something wrong.

Restart CafeTran Espresso 2019 and/or set the language combination manually (which shouldn't be necessary, actually).

Susanne Döring
Jordan
Member (2017)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 10, 2019

Thank you - now it looks like I wished for. CT is really a big help, but each new version confuses me at first. Now I can get back to work as usual.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tab for MT Memory in the new version

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »