https://www.proz.com/forum/business_matters/201266-new_client_and_new_trados_discounts.html&phpv_redirected=1

Only Corporate members may post in this forum

New client and new Trados - discounts?
Thread poster: Jenny Nilsson
Jenny Nilsson
Jenny Nilsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:02
English to Swedish
Jun 16, 2011

I am using Trados for the first time, and also having a new client I am wondering about the discounts? The clients has specified the following:
Repetitions 10%

100% 10%

95% - 99% 30%

85% - 94% 60%

75% - 84% 80%

50% - 74% 100%

New 100%

However, as it is a new client, are not all words going to be new? Resulting in
... See more
I am using Trados for the first time, and also having a new client I am wondering about the discounts? The clients has specified the following:
Repetitions 10%

100% 10%

95% - 99% 30%

85% - 94% 60%

75% - 84% 80%

50% - 74% 100%

New 100%

However, as it is a new client, are not all words going to be new? Resulting in no discount at all?
Collapse

Ana Malovrh
Ana Malovrh  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 04:02
German to Slovenian
+ ...
translation memory Jun 16, 2011

Not necessarily, the client may provide you with their own translation memory.

And even if not, if the translation memory is empty, then, theoretically, you would get 100% matches only. Usually texts repeat themselves to some extent and in this case you might come across 50%, repetitions and others. It depends on the subject you are translating.

50% for example means, that half of the sentence is identical to another sentence in the translation memory (entered by you
... See more
Not necessarily, the client may provide you with their own translation memory.

And even if not, if the translation memory is empty, then, theoretically, you would get 100% matches only. Usually texts repeat themselves to some extent and in this case you might come across 50%, repetitions and others. It depends on the subject you are translating.

50% for example means, that half of the sentence is identical to another sentence in the translation memory (entered by you or already stored). So if there are repeated sentences in your text, then this would be visible in the analysis.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

New client and new Trados - discounts?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »