Contacting Publishers
Thread poster: Soluna
Soluna
Soluna
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:21
English to German
May 15, 2018

Hi, I contacted the author of a German book on spirituality which I would like to translate. I sent her my translation of the first (quite short) chapter and she was delighted with it and would like me to do the translation. However, she does her own publishing in Germany, and it seems to work for her, but has no publisher in an English-speaking country. She would need to who does the whole marketing and distribution thing. She gave me permission to contact publishers in the UK or US and send my... See more
Hi, I contacted the author of a German book on spirituality which I would like to translate. I sent her my translation of the first (quite short) chapter and she was delighted with it and would like me to do the translation. However, she does her own publishing in Germany, and it seems to work for her, but has no publisher in an English-speaking country. She would need to who does the whole marketing and distribution thing. She gave me permission to contact publishers in the UK or US and send my sample chapter. This is a completely unknown territory for me and I wouldn't really know how to go about it. Are any of you experienced in working with publishers?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contacting Publishers

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »