Omer Shani  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:05
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
May 31, 2016

Hi all,
As you may have heard, PayPal is closing its operation in Turkey next week, on June 6th.

What are the other payment alternatives, except Skrill (which take a lot of time to activate) and wire-transfer (not all payments justify a SWIFT wire transfer operation)

Thanks

Omer

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:05
Danish to English
+ ...
Turkey refuses licence May 31, 2016

According to PayPal's announcment on www.paypal.com/tr , it is the Turkish authorities that refuse to issue the necessary licences.

As for an alternative for receiving money in Turkey, I would suggest T
... See more
According to PayPal's announcment on www.paypal.com/tr , it is the Turkish authorities that refuse to issue the necessary licences.

As for an alternative for receiving money in Turkey, I would suggest Transferwise:

https://transferwise.com/help/article/1570071/basic-information/supported-countries#/TRY

They're cheaper than PayPal too.

If you send 50 euros today, the payee in Turkey will receive 158.70 TRY.

You can't send money out of Turkey with Transferwise, though.
Collapse

Omer Shani
Omer Shani  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:05
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Turkey money transfer May 31, 2016

Thank you Thomas

Helpful info indeed

Omer

Chris Pr
Chris Pr
United Kingdom
German to English
A similar alternative.... May 31, 2016

http://www.smallworldfs.com

Ditto, for receiving payments only.

Kristina Cosumano (X)
Kristina Cosumano (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:05
German to English
Payoneer Jun 1, 2016

A couple of agencies have used Payoneer to send me money, it's always worked fine for me.

BabelOn-line
BabelOn-line
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Plus one for TransferWise Jun 10, 2016

I landed on this post when looking for comments on Skrill (which I found difficult to the point I am now seriously thinking of closing our a/c after 14 years).

We use TransferWise all the time, it is quick, reliable and they are under the UK Financial Service Authority. The few times I had to call their support, I found them quick and helpful - try contacting Skrill, you will see the difference!

Only minor issue with TransferWise is 1/ they normally only send money in t
... See more
I landed on this post when looking for comments on Skrill (which I found difficult to the point I am now seriously thinking of closing our a/c after 14 years).

We use TransferWise all the time, it is quick, reliable and they are under the UK Financial Service Authority. The few times I had to call their support, I found them quick and helpful - try contacting Skrill, you will see the difference!

Only minor issue with TransferWise is 1/ they normally only send money in the national currency of the bank account (bank a/c in India => you can only send rupees) 2/ from what they tell me, they can only send money to private a/cs in China, not business ones.

So I am looking for a simple way to pay our translators in China. I have a deep seated distrust for PayPal and Skrill, there are thousand of documented horror stories of accounts being frozen for no reason, etc...
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
But you don't need to keep money in your account, do you? Jun 10, 2016

BabelOn-line wrote:
So I am looking for a simple way to pay our translators in China. I have a deep seated distrust for PayPal and Skrill, there are thousand of documented horror stories of accounts being frozen for no reason, etc...

My husband uses his PayPal account to purchase things on the Internet rather than to receive money. He doesn't keep anything in there at all. When he wants to buy something he just tells PayPal to send the money and they take it from his bank account. That doesn't cost anything. At least, neither PayPal nor our bank charge for the service. Maybe it's different for you?

Payza
Payza
Canada
Payza: alternative payment system to PayPal Jun 23, 2016

Hello forum participants,

Our payment processor has received many contacts lately asking if we provide online payment services for freelancers and small businesses in Turkey following the ousting of PayPal.

We would like to inform all interested parties that, yes, we do provide an alternative to PayPal and have recently added the Turkish Lira to our roster of 21 currencies you can transact with. If you are looking for an online payment processor and would like more inf
... See more
Hello forum participants,

Our payment processor has received many contacts lately asking if we provide online payment services for freelancers and small businesses in Turkey following the ousting of PayPal.

We would like to inform all interested parties that, yes, we do provide an alternative to PayPal and have recently added the Turkish Lira to our roster of 21 currencies you can transact with. If you are looking for an online payment processor and would like more information on our services in Turkey, consider reading our blog post on this topic.

https://blog.payza.com/payza-updates/announcements/payza-expands-services-turkey-transactions-turkish-lira/

We wish you all the best in finding online payment alternatives so that you can keep your businesses initiatives movingly along with strength.

All the best,

Jason
Corporate Communications Strategist at Payza
Montreal, Canada
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal closing in Turkey - Other online payment systems

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »