Seeking volunteers to translate the site into Bosnian (forgive me for posting in English)
Thread poster: Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 10:14
SITE STAFF
Nov 6, 2006

Dear ProZians,

Teams of volunteer members have been working hard over the last several months to localize ProZ.com into various languages. As a result of their efforts, it is already possible to use the site in any of the following languages besides English:

Spanish
Russian
Romanian
German
Portuguese (BR)
Hungarian
Latvian
Albanian

This localization effort will make this your language site even more user-friendly fo
... See more
Dear ProZians,

Teams of volunteer members have been working hard over the last several months to localize ProZ.com into various languages. As a result of their efforts, it is already possible to use the site in any of the following languages besides English:

Spanish
Russian
Romanian
German
Portuguese (BR)
Hungarian
Latvian
Albanian

This localization effort will make this your language site even more user-friendly for translators, interpreters, language service companies and end-clients all over the globe.

Now we are seeking volunteers and coordinators to help translate the site into additional languages. If you are interested in coordinating or volunteering to translate the site into Bosnian, please let me know. I'd like to add that there will be compensation which includes special promotion throughout the site and also browniz for translating and checking words.

Preference will be given to our members, however, non-members may volunteer as well (note that in order to be a team leader you must be a member of the site).

Please let me know if you are interested in the project and/or have any questions.

Regards,
Patrick
Collapse

Antonio Mihovilovic
Antonio Mihovilovic
Local time: 16:14
English to Croatian
+ ...
Volunteer in your effort to localize proz.com into Bosnian. Nov 6, 2006

Dear Sir,

I'd like to volutnteer in your effort to localize proz.com website into Bosnian.

My expectations, as a volunteer, are to promote myself as translator. Nothing more. I'll be glad to cooperate with you in making the localization possible.

BBC English Dictionary published by HarperCollins says that volunteer means: A volunteer is someone who does work for which they are not paid.

Consequently, no additional questions except: When do we
... See more
Dear Sir,

I'd like to volutnteer in your effort to localize proz.com website into Bosnian.

My expectations, as a volunteer, are to promote myself as translator. Nothing more. I'll be glad to cooperate with you in making the localization possible.

BBC English Dictionary published by HarperCollins says that volunteer means: A volunteer is someone who does work for which they are not paid.

Consequently, no additional questions except: When do we start and what kind of translations do you need?

Sincerely Yours

Antonio Mihovilovic

e-mail: [email protected]
Collapse

hatipovic
hatipovic
Local time: 16:14
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Bosnian Nov 7, 2006

Hello!

Me and my colleagues would like to help

Regards,
Lejla

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 10:14
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your interest/Bosnian Localization Team Nov 8, 2006

Hey ProZians,

Thanks for your interest in helping out with the project!

Here is a team I created for the project:

http://www.proz.com/teams/482

Ideally, it would be nice to have a team of 6 to 8 volunteers and at least one team leader, but the project still can be accomplished with the number we have now.

Are there any other users/members wh
... See more
Hey ProZians,

Thanks for your interest in helping out with the project!

Here is a team I created for the project:

http://www.proz.com/teams/482

Ideally, it would be nice to have a team of 6 to 8 volunteers and at least one team leader, but the project still can be accomplished with the number we have now.

Are there any other users/members who would like to help with the localization project?

Regards,
Patrick
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Seeking volunteers to translate the site into Bosnian (forgive me for posting in English)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »