How can I become a certified translator/editor in Egypt?
Thread poster: Amira El-Wattar
Amira El-Wattar
Amira El-Wattar  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:26
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2007

I have been translating stuff for over 10 years now and decided to become a freelancer since I am now a stay-home mom... so I want to be come certified as a translator... does anyone know how????

Please help!!

Thanks..

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-23 08:19]

Amira El-Wattar
Amira El-Wattar  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:26
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why are there no answers? Oct 25, 2007

Is everyone in Egypt not certified???????

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-25 10:19]

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Possible answer Oct 25, 2007

amira_work wrote:

Is everyone in Egypt not certified?

Hi Amira,

Maybe no certified translator read this thread. Or maybe some did, but they haven’t had the time to answer. If no-one answers your question here, I would suggest you to ask for help in the Arabic forum.

[Edited at 2007-10-25 10:20]

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
Agree with suggestion to post on "Arabic" forum Nov 1, 2007

amira_work wrote:

Is everyone in Egypt not certified???????

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-25 10:19]

Hi Amira,

I'm Egyptian but I don't live in Egypt, but as far as I know the issue of becoming a certified translator in Egypt is far from straightforward - there is a new association which supposedly certifies translators, but how well established that is and how credible that association is, is something I can't help you with. If you post your query in the "Arabic" forum, I'm sure there are a lot more people there who can help you.

HebanSoliman
HebanSoliman
Egypt
Did you pursuit your goal after those years? Dec 23, 2015

Hi Amira,
I know that my reply here seems like the time machine but I realy want to know what did you end up with so far after those years,did you become certified?if yes,then how?since I am currently in your very beginning position being translating staff in the company I was working for as part of my job as PA for Chairman for12 years and had to leave in order to be able to take care of the kids and I realy need to work from home,that's why I am asking your guidance.
Thank you an
... See more
Hi Amira,
I know that my reply here seems like the time machine but I realy want to know what did you end up with so far after those years,did you become certified?if yes,then how?since I am currently in your very beginning position being translating staff in the company I was working for as part of my job as PA for Chairman for12 years and had to leave in order to be able to take care of the kids and I realy need to work from home,that's why I am asking your guidance.
Thank you anyway.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I become a certified translator/editor in Egypt?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »