Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:19
English to French
+ ...
Hi Isabel Aug 20, 2007

I've also been thinking about this.

You may find a few tips here:

http://www.proz.com/topic/60916

And, on the ProZ home page, if you go to "My ProZ.com", then "My website", you may create a website too.
However, I have no idea of how this might look. Maybe someone with a website on ProZ could give us an insight on this... I also wonder what the domain address a
... See more
I've also been thinking about this.

You may find a few tips here:

http://www.proz.com/topic/60916

And, on the ProZ home page, if you go to "My ProZ.com", then "My website", you may create a website too.
However, I have no idea of how this might look. Maybe someone with a website on ProZ could give us an insight on this... I also wonder what the domain address and the site look like.
Collapse

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Googlepages Aug 20, 2007

My website is hosted on googlepages. And I made it myself in less than 2 hours.

Agreed, it's not a state of the art site. In fact, I'm quite unprofessional about it. I use it as a place to experiment.

So what? I do what I enjoy doing.

According to site-statistics I have quite a lot of hits. I've been contacted by many pro
... See more

Agreed, it's not a state of the art site. In fact, I'm quite unprofessional about it. I use it as a place to experiment.

According to site-statistics I have quite a lot of hits. I've been contacted by many prospective clients through it. More than I can handle. I'm a freelancer and not an agency. So there's only so much work that I can do in a specified period of time.

Another small detail... if you look in my profile, I've given www.ritubhanot.com as my web-site.

It's a domain name that I bought for USD 10/ annum. I just pointed it to my googlepages website.

I tried proz site-creator but it is just too complicated for me. I don't have that sort of time. I don't want to outsource my own web-site to someone else.

I'm quite happy with my present clientele. I can't handle more work than I'm doing right now. So I think I can afford to play with my site...

It still brings me new clients. Good for my ego

But can't handle the jobs. So I just send a polite e-mail refusing the offer. But it does feel good because it is my original work.
Collapse

M. Isabel Ledesma
M. Isabel Ledesma  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:19
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to Ritu and Anne Aug 20, 2007

Ritu Bhanot wrote:

According to site-statistics I have quite a lot of hits. I've been contacted by many prospective clients through it. More than I can handle. I'm a freelancer and not an agency. So there's only so much work that I can do in a specified period of time.

Another small detail... if you look in my profile, I've given www.ritubhanot.com as my web-site.

It's a domain name that I bought for USD 10/ annum. I just pointed it to my googlepages website.

Ritu: thank you so much for sharing your experience with this free hosting system. So, just by buying a domain you can tackle the issue of having google.pages as part of your name-domain... Interesting

Anne, you referred me to a very relevant poll, reaally useful!. thanks! As you, I've seen the Proz website tool but never gave it a try... just (probably unfairly) thought it to be more of the same layout.

[Editado a las 2007-08-20 04:17]

Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:19
English to French
+ ...
You're welcome Isabel, Aug 20, 2007

and I look forward to seeing your brand new site!
I don't have time for it right now, but what Ritu says about Googlepages is really encouraging, it might take me less time than I thought to simply go for it.

¡Suerte!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your opinion on having a google.pages website

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »