Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Continue working with an agency with whom I have behaved unprofessionally?
Thread poster: skyblue
Undoer of Ba (X)
Undoer of Ba (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:07
English to German
Between pyrotechnists ... Jun 30, 2007

Hi Skyblue,

I guess I understand you. I have worked in-house most of the time and freelancing is a bit cold. One is not considered a valuable employee and friend anymore, but more like an exchangeable language robot. It's all about rates and deadlines and if you perish tomorrow, they'll just pick another translator as though nothing happened.

At the end of the day I often feel like I have wasted yet another day of my precious life with content that is just not worth it
... See more
Hi Skyblue,

I guess I understand you. I have worked in-house most of the time and freelancing is a bit cold. One is not considered a valuable employee and friend anymore, but more like an exchangeable language robot. It's all about rates and deadlines and if you perish tomorrow, they'll just pick another translator as though nothing happened.

At the end of the day I often feel like I have wasted yet another day of my precious life with content that is just not worth it (applies to at least 90% of my jobs).

I am also rather impulsive and I like myself the way I am. Never would I consider what some have suggested here, anger management courses. When I explode, I always do so for a good reason, in my view. Others may see it differently, but hey, who cares, that's the way I am. I am not 20 anymore and react allergic to stress and chaos. I don't want to be a streamlined, slick businessman smiling at people whose butts they would love to kick. I never bought into that crappy saying 'the customer is king'.

Maybe you are just too nice for the freelance world
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Continue working with an agency with whom I have behaved unprofessionally?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »