Translation Agreement - demanding them from clients
Thread poster: SWEDISH-TRANSLATION.com - your Swedish translation partner (X)
SWEDISH-TRANSLATION.com - your Swedish translation partner (X)
SWEDISH-TRANSLATION.com - your Swedish translation partner (X)
Local time: 01:16
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2001

I have until now never demanded my clients to sign an agreement for my translation job to do, but I\'m thinking of doing so now. Many clients does not pay properly, and then you have nothing to fall back on except the e-mails about them wanting you to do the job.

Do You (ProZ.com members) know where you could obtain one of those contracts. I will of course have to modify it, but it\'s a good start. Maybe you have one yourself that you could send me.

... See more
I have until now never demanded my clients to sign an agreement for my translation job to do, but I\'m thinking of doing so now. Many clients does not pay properly, and then you have nothing to fall back on except the e-mails about them wanting you to do the job.

Do You (ProZ.com members) know where you could obtain one of those contracts. I will of course have to modify it, but it\'s a good start. Maybe you have one yourself that you could send me.

Mattias Bergström

Swedish-Translation.com

E-mail: [email protected]

Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Have a look at some of the agreements posted in the Business Issues forum Nov 23, 2001

You\'ll definitely find what you need there

Have a nice weekend and good luck.

Gabriela (X)
Gabriela (X)
English to Spanish
Nov 23, 2001

[quote]

On 2001-11-23 09:12, jazyk wrote:

You\'ll definitely find what you need there

Have a nice weekend and good luck.

Can you provide me with the URL of the site you mentioned?

Thanks,

Gabriela

[email protected]

AnaAngelica Amador
AnaAngelica Amador
English to Spanish
+ ...
Translation Agreements are Important Nov 23, 2001

Hello, Mattias!

A translation agreement protects both you and your customer. You can go to the ATA website (www.atanet.org) and use the sample contract they have as a guideline to develop one of your own.

When I began using a contract, I was afraid it would scare some customers away and I would lose business. Through the years I have learned that what those who hesitate
... See more
Hello, Mattias!

A translation agreement protects both you and your customer. You can go to the ATA website (www.atanet.org) and use the sample contract they have as a guideline to develop one of your own.

When I began using a contract, I was afraid it would scare some customers away and I would lose business. Through the years I have learned that what those who hesitate or decline to sign an agreement, are generally those I would not want as clients.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Agreement - demanding them from clients

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »