Wilman
Wilman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:09
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2005

Hi All,

I was recently contacted by an agency in India requesting me to submit my resume and do a test. I checked Proz blueboard, the company was listed at Proz but no blueboard entry. I also did a search on Google but could not find any useful information. I have the comapny's phone number and address. Would anyone know how else I can verify this company before I agree to the test? I appreciate your help.

S K
S K
Ireland
Local time: 20:09
French to English
+ ...
verification Sep 20, 2005

From having worked in business and dealing with Indian companies we often reverted to their Embassy representation in your home country. They can either advise you where to source company information, bearing in mind that companies in India are all legally obliged to register.
Hope this helps,
cheers
Siobhan

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:39
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Email me Sep 21, 2005

Kindly send me a personal email giving the name and other details of the agency in question. I will see, whether I had experience with it.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Wilman wrote:
Would anyone know how else I can verify this company before I agree to the test? I appreciate your help.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:09
English to German
+ ...
Call for entries / create a BB record Sep 21, 2005

Hi Wilman,
I checked Proz blueboard, the company was listed at Proz but no blueboard entry.

Does that mean that they have a ProZ.com profile, but no BB record? Or is there a record already, but nobody has posted an entry?

See the BB FAQ:

8. I would like to ask others to make entries concerning a particular outsourcer. How do I do that?

If the outsourcer is already listed, click "Call for entries" from the outsourcer's record page. This will cause a request for entries to be published on the ProZ.com home page. In addition, an email will be sent to all those who have subscribed to such requests.rnrnIf the outsourcer you are interested in is not yet listed, adding it will cause the notification to be sent automatically. You may add an outsourcer whether or not you are a platinum member.

9. How can I make an entry for an outsourcer that is not listed on the Blue Board?

If you would like to make an entry for an outsourcer that is not yet listed on the Blue Board, you may add the details yourself from the "Add Outsourcer" tab.

HTH, Ralf

Wilman
Wilman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:09
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
They have a record but no information Sep 21, 2005

Hi Ralf,

The company has a record but no information is provided on their profile. There isn't any BB entry either. I will try to ask if someone can enter an entry in the BB. Thanks for your advice.

Wilman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to verify an agency in India?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »