Translators and proofreaders in all languages ???
Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:09
Swedish to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2005

Recent job posting:

English to Burmese, English to Dutch, English to zzz Other zzz, English to Swedish

Extracts from outsourcers website:

"Currently more than 50 public and private Agencies from whole over the world including our clients in ... have been greatly satisfied in our services."

"We are created to bring satisfaction to your personal and business communication needs.
As your choice of our service satisfied us we will also satis
... See more
Recent job posting:

English to Burmese, English to Dutch, English to zzz Other zzz, English to Swedish

Extracts from outsourcers website:

"Currently more than 50 public and private Agencies from whole over the world including our clients in ... have been greatly satisfied in our services."

"We are created to bring satisfaction to your personal and business communication needs.
As your choice of our service satisfied us we will also satisfy you."

My humble reply:
"Thank you for your kind invitation submitted through ProZ.com.

However, I feel that prior to trying to contract freelancers to work in a multitude of languages you might consider employing an English translator/proofreader to edit/proofread your English language website.

Yours professionally and sincerely,
Madeleine Klintebo"

But who am I to argue about language skills - this person/company has

"Traveled in 18 countries around the world for the purpose of education, work and research."

What one might want to ask is how long he/she/they actually spent in any of these 18 countries.

[Edited at 2005-05-02 20:37]
Collapse

Myo Tun

jaswinder singh
jaswinder singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:39
English to Punjabi
+ ...
well said Apr 27, 2005

Problem is- language professionals are proficient in their own languages and when they work in English, they come out with funny expressions.

Myo Tun

Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:09
Japanese to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Yes, and so back to the original point May 2, 2005

jaswinder singh wrote:

Problem is- language professionals are proficient in their own languages and when they work in English, they come out with funny expressions.

Yes. They are not saying they translate TO English.

BUT...

You need to show a professional looking site. Frankly, I feel that the site as it reads now shows a lack of professionalism. It would not have cost that much to have someone proof the site's text, and I agree with the original post that this should have been done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators and proofreaders in all languages ???

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »