How is my yearly income calculated (AutoEntrepreneur status)?
Thread poster: Sara Mullin
Sara Mullin
Sara Mullin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:40
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Nov 30, 2014

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this question has already been asked... I've been trying to find an answer to my question but haven't been able to find any suitable answers!

I'm an Auto-Entrepreneur. I know that my annual turnover limit is 32,900 Euros per year. I make quarterly income declarations (end of January, April, July and October).

The fiscal year in France is of course from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, so what I am wondering is what period does this 32,900 Euros
... See more
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this question has already been asked... I've been trying to find an answer to my question but haven't been able to find any suitable answers!

I'm an Auto-Entrepreneur. I know that my annual turnover limit is 32,900 Euros per year. I make quarterly income declarations (end of January, April, July and October).

The fiscal year in France is of course from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, so what I am wondering is what period does this 32,900 Euros limit cover? In my opinion, it should cover the fiscal year but how in the world would URSAFF know how much money I make during the fiscal year since I never declare my income at the end of December?

For the first time ever, I'm dangerously close to the limit this year and I need to make sure that I of course do not go over the limit, so I'm trying to figure out the start and end dates in order to calculate my annual turnover this year. Does anyone know?

Thanks so much!

Kind regards,
Sara
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Please English, the language of the forum
nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
fiscal year = 01/01 to 31/12 Nov 30, 2014

It covers the fiscal year.

Remember that you declare your turn-over every 3 months when and only whan you have received the money from your client on your account - not from your pending invoices.

Check the official French wabsite
http://www.lautoentrepreneur.fr/questions_reponses.htm#Couts10

You will get more information on the
... See more
It covers the fiscal year.

Remember that you declare your turn-over every 3 months when and only whan you have received the money from your client on your account - not from your pending invoices.

Check the official French wabsite
http://www.lautoentrepreneur.fr/questions_reponses.htm#Couts10

You will get more information on the French forum, as auto-entrepreneur is very French specific.
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:40
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
The rest of this year will quite likely be taxed in 2015 Nov 30, 2014

At least some of the invoices you send out now probably won't get paid until January, will they? In that case they'll go into next year's tax returns. I'm sure that if you have fast paying clients they won't mind hanging on to their money a bit longer to help you out this month.

But I'd make sure you get, and keep, full VAT invoices for all expenditure from 1st January. It sounds as though you may need a change of stat
... See more
At least some of the invoices you send out now probably won't get paid until January, will they? In that case they'll go into next year's tax returns. I'm sure that if you have fast paying clients they won't mind hanging on to their money a bit longer to help you out this month.

But I'd make sure you get, and keep, full VAT invoices for all expenditure from 1st January. It sounds as though you may need a change of status. It's a hassle but worth it.
Collapse

Sara Mullin
Sara Mullin  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't understand the time periods for each declaration... Nov 30, 2014

Thank you so much for your replies!

There was a post that was erased (it was in French) explaining what I was doing wrong. I always thought that, for example, when I declare for April, it included the period from the last declaration (end of January) up to the end of April (i.e. February, March and April), when in fact, it's the period from January, February and March. April is declared in the next quarter (end of July). I was looking at it the wrong way! And just to clarify, I've o
... See more
Thank you so much for your replies!

There was a post that was erased (it was in French) explaining what I was doing wrong. I always thought that, for example, when I declare for April, it included the period from the last declaration (end of January) up to the end of April (i.e. February, March and April), when in fact, it's the period from January, February and March. April is declared in the next quarter (end of July). I was looking at it the wrong way! And just to clarify, I've only been declaring what I've received and not what I've invoiced... I just didn't understand the time periods for each declaration.

Thanks for your help,
Kind regards,
Sara
Collapse

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
French forum/CCI Nov 30, 2014

Well I think you should ask this question on the French forum.

It's also possible to talk to an expert in a CCI near your home (for autoentrepreneurs there are rendez-vous for free in quite a lot of CCIs with "experts comptables" - sorry, it's French as well - who work there as volunteers one or two days per month).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How is my yearly income calculated (AutoEntrepreneur status)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »