Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Why do you work on a Sunday?
Thread poster: Wendy Cummings
Sherey Gould
Sherey Gould  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:15
German to English
because of the skiing! Apr 13, 2010

Because I chose to live in Lake Tahoe and the skiing here is world-class. Unfortunately, the tourists all know that, too(!) - so I work on the weekends when they overrun our little town and enjoy the weekdays when it's much quieter. (same goes for summertime activities here, too)
Plus, 95% of my clients are in Germany, so by the time I wake up on Friday, they're pretty much already gone for *their* weekend, so Friday is my main goof-off day... and late Sunday (as it's nearing Monday morni
... See more
Because I chose to live in Lake Tahoe and the skiing here is world-class. Unfortunately, the tourists all know that, too(!) - so I work on the weekends when they overrun our little town and enjoy the weekdays when it's much quieter. (same goes for summertime activities here, too)
Plus, 95% of my clients are in Germany, so by the time I wake up on Friday, they're pretty much already gone for *their* weekend, so Friday is my main goof-off day... and late Sunday (as it's nearing Monday morning in Germany) is my crunch time!

[Edited at 2010-04-13 08:14 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do you work on a Sunday?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »