Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:17
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 12, 2009

Hi all,

I was contacted to translate a text, consisting of aprox. 1000 words from Dutch into Spanish, supposedly by a well-established agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL. In reality the email is from somebody based in Egypt who uses the name of this agency.

I know other translators have been contacted to translate the text into 11 other languages which are mentioned in the text. If you´ve seen the text you know what I´m talking about.

Please contact me as soo
... See more
Hi all,

I was contacted to translate a text, consisting of aprox. 1000 words from Dutch into Spanish, supposedly by a well-established agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL. In reality the email is from somebody based in Egypt who uses the name of this agency.

I know other translators have been contacted to translate the text into 11 other languages which are mentioned in the text. If you´ve seen the text you know what I´m talking about.

Please contact me as soon as possible in order to inform the end-client.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2009-10-12 21:12 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam with Dutch > other languages job

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »