Pauline Ratzé
Switzerland
Local time: 05:26
Member (2023)
English to French
+ ...
Jun 16, 2009

Hello,

I am currently writing my final thesis to obtain a MA in Translation Studies at University of Geneva. My final work focuses on various parts of the everyday work of independant translators. To gather some datas, I created a short survey and would appreciate if some people working as an independant translators could take a couple of minutes to answer it. It would be a great help for me.

The survey is in French, so you need to understand French to answer it, here
... See more
Hello,

I am currently writing my final thesis to obtain a MA in Translation Studies at University of Geneva. My final work focuses on various parts of the everyday work of independant translators. To gather some datas, I created a short survey and would appreciate if some people working as an independant translators could take a couple of minutes to answer it. It would be a great help for me.

The survey is in French, so you need to understand French to answer it, here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/orbfxn

Thank you very much for your collaboration,

Greetings from Geneva,

Pauline
http://ledicodanslapeau.wordpress.com
Collapse

Penelope Ausejo
Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Done deal! Jun 17, 2009

Done... Good luck!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Done Jun 17, 2009

I look forward to seeing the results! Good luck Pauline!

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Done, and one comment Jun 17, 2009

Hi Pauline,

You ask twice the same question:
Associations - Si oui, avez-vous déjà trouvé des mandats sur un de ces portails?

For this question I would have liked to answer: yes, because people contacted me via my profile.

Stéphanie

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Done Jun 17, 2009

Pauline, two points: first, the SFT does not express recommended rates, this is illegal in France though not in Switzerland; and second on late payment penalties, there is a huge difference between including those as part of one's contractual terms and being able in fact to collect them. I would rephrase the question...

Cheers,

Patricia

Werner Walther
Werner Walther  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Good luck! Jun 17, 2009

I have just filled the form.

PS.: Jobs via ProZ. I have been here for two weeks only. I have contacted for one quotation, a really good job probably, and the decision will be in this week. So I have marked "one".

Look in my profile at ProZ, I have translated big, big, big books, if you have any questions, you're welcome!

Soyez la bienvenue!

Werner.

Pauline Ratzé
Pauline Ratzé
Switzerland
Member (2023)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 18, 2009

Thank you all for the numerous replies, I really appreciate you offering some of your time to answer my survey.

Thanks also for your comments, it's very helpful.

irina savescu
irina savescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 06:26
English to Romanian
Typo? Jun 18, 2009

I may be wrong but I think there is a mistake in the CAT list. Between Wordfast and Deja Vu you have listed Open T. I never heard of it and couldn't find it on a quick internet search so I'm guessing you meant Omega T (I'm saying this because I would've ticked that option had it been there). Or is it some abbreviation for Open Language Tools?
Do let me know if it's just another software I haven't yet heard of.

Best of luck with your thesis.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey About Independant Translators

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »