Scans of your diplomas
Thread poster: inge van dri (X)
inge van dri (X)
inge van dri (X)
Local time: 02:31
German to Dutch
+ ...
May 16, 2008

I don't know in which category I should post this.

Sometimes translation agencies ask for scans of your diplomas. This is an e-mail I received this morning, look what will be happening if you are willing to send paper copies or scans:

-----------------

We can assist with Diplomas from prestigious universities based on your present knowledge and LifeExperience.

No required examination, tests, classes, books, or interviews.
... See more

Sometimes translation agencies ask for scans of your diplomas. This is an e-mail I received this morning, look what will be happening if you are willing to send paper copies or scans:

-----------------

We can assist with Diplomas from prestigious universities based on your present knowledge and LifeExperience.

No required examination, tests, classes, books, or interviews.

Bacheelor, MasteerMBA, and Doctoraate diplomas available in the field of your choice -
that's right, you can become a Doctor and receive all the benefits that comes with it!

Diploma/Certificate Valid in all countries

No one is turned down
Confidentiality assured
CALL US 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK

------------------

No comments.
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:31
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Unbelievable! May 16, 2008

Quite apart from the morality of it, who would believe a Bacheelor, Masteer or Doctoraate diploma from these people anyway?

Andrei Yefimov
Andrei Yefimov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 03:31
English to Russian
+ ...
:D May 16, 2008

Looks like a scam! If you want to waste you time do not hesitate to contact them:)

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:31
English to Thai
+ ...
Electronic diploma creating May 16, 2008

Now IT is in progress.
You can make good quality certificates, diplomas etc. quickly and cheaply. You can even make a good bank note!
This ill practice is on-going in many parts of the world.
My best policy: Never expect anything that is too good or too profitable.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:31
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
DTP services May 16, 2008

van driel wrote:

We can assist with Diplomas from prestigious universities...

No need to post it, you may file it under "DTP Services". I could create you a diploma from "Bogus University" located anywhere in the world, even in outer space if you wish. I'd use PageMaker, while others might prefer Quark, or even the vintage PrintShop.

Sometimes translation agencies ask for scans of your diplomas.

That's a legit requirement, if - and only if - they require certified translations, and want evidence that you are government-certified in some country. Otherwise it's just a fledgling business trying to cover up their amateurishness with lots of bureaucracy.

But this would have been issued by a translator certifying authority, not likely an educational institution.

Izabela Szczypka
Izabela Szczypka  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:31
English to Polish
+ ...
Not always May 16, 2008

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:
That's a legit requirement, if - and only if - they require certified translations, and want evidence that you are government-certified in some country. Otherwise it's just a fledgling business trying to cover up their amateurishness with lots of bureaucracy.

There are countries where - like in Poland where I live - the society was indoctrinated for dozens of years that you simply cannot know a language if you don't hold an MA in that language or any science without an MSc in that particular science. You don't wipe off a popular belief in a day...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scans of your diplomas

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »