Thread poster: Lu-k
Marie-Andree Dionne
Marie-Andree Dionne  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:07
English to French
How many of us? Jun 9, 2008

Hi,

How many of us would like WordFast to be compatible with Office?

If there are enough of us, maybe we can let them know?

Just a thought

Marie-Andree

Daniel Rossbach
Daniel Rossbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:07
English to German
+ ...
wordfast without visual basic Jul 24, 2008

a version of wordfast for the new office versions that is not based on visual basic would be a hoot,
i'd like one indeed!

Radek Blatny
Radek Blatny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Jedit X Oct 10, 2008

Hi, I am using the japanese text editor Jedit X which is no special CAT tool but, together with macros and applescripts you can build, download or use just as they are prepared in the program - and of course modify them for your needs! - and in direct cooperation with the Opera and Safari (...) web browsers, it offers great environment for automatic text manipulation and web-based searches of words. You can have multiple windows open (translating text and different reference texts), you can spl... See more
Hi, I am using the japanese text editor Jedit X which is no special CAT tool but, together with macros and applescripts you can build, download or use just as they are prepared in the program - and of course modify them for your needs! - and in direct cooperation with the Opera and Safari (...) web browsers, it offers great environment for automatic text manipulation and web-based searches of words. You can have multiple windows open (translating text and different reference texts), you can split the window of any document into two or more subwindows and you can make bookmarks of the text portions in a sidebar for quick reference inside the document. The apple spellcheck is working and you can add much more by installing the CocoaAspell - open source spell check program with huge dictionary of many languages. In my hands, t is also much faster than MS Word and does not bother you with "office tools" you don't need. I've been using the program for years for czech/english and czech/german translations and it plays well with them in both rich and plain text. I am running the PB G4 1.5 GHz, Jedit X 2, MS Word 2004 (forget 2008 and latest Safari and Opera.Collapse

Radek Blatny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Jedit X environment preview Oct 10, 2008

[img]http://www.blatny.com/jeditx.jp2[img]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
A slash is missing in your second tag Oct 12, 2008

so the image will not be displayed in your post.

Here is the image:

[img]http://www.blatny.com/jeditx.jp2[/img]

Radek Blatny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
oh thanks Jerzy Oct 14, 2008

[Edited at 2008-10-14 13:57]

monitor
monitor  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Finally a translation tool for every Mac! Dec 21, 2008

Dear all,

I placed the following question with Wordfast last week (19 December 08):

I would like to know whether the new Wordfast 6.0 runs on a Mac Notebook with Leopard X and Word 2008 Mac. I.e. is the new 6.0 a standalone version, that no longer needs the VBA which has been removed in the Word 2008 Mac by Microsoft?

... See more
Dear all,

I placed the following question with Wordfast last week (19 December 08):

I would like to know whether the new Wordfast 6.0 runs on a Mac Notebook with Leopard X and Word 2008 Mac. I.e. is the new 6.0 a standalone version, that no longer needs the VBA which has been removed in the Word 2008 Mac by Microsoft?

And that was the answer given by Wordfast:

Thank you for your interest in Wordfast. Yes, Wordfast 6.0 will run on your Mac Notebook. It is a standalone, platform independent version, that is written in Java. It does not run inside of MS Word.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Sincerely,

1300 Eye Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20005
P/ +1-202-682-7092
F/ +1-202-403-3512
M/ +1-202-758-4680
Skype/ kris.marrero
www.wordfast.com
Collapse

valentina Pasquali
valentina Pasquali
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Omega T works with open office Mar 21, 2009

Hi all, i am new on this forum and actually a newbie in using transation tools but i downloaded Omega T and i realized that it works with open office and not with word (for mac) 2008. Is it right?
Now i decided to install Parallels to run TRADOS 7.0. does it work properly on Mac parallel desktop?

Thanks

Valentina

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Xoterm Oct 28, 2011

I've written Xoterm, a TMX Viewer for MacOSX: jfbraun.com/xoterm

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Mac support group for translators on Yahoo!Groups Nov 23, 2011

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MacLingua/

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:07
Finnish to French
Wordfast (Classic) works with Word 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Marie-Andree Dionne wrote:

Wordfast Classic could not work with Word 2008 because of Microsoft's decision not to include VBA in Office 2008, but it does work with Word 2011, now that VBA is back in Office 2011.
See http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=180-27

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
CafeTran Espresso 2012 has been released Dec 23, 2011

The Internet, December 23, 2011 - Release of CafeTran Espresso 2012 for OS X, Linux and Windows

Dear Cafetranslators,

It is my pleasure to announce officially the new version of CafeTran called CafeTran Espresso 2012. It features a lot changes in the user interface to make it much more intuitive and user friendly. There are also numerous enhancements to existing functions as well as new important features such as optional prefix matching (stemming), QA, filtering and so
... See more
The Internet, December 23, 2011 - Release of CafeTran Espresso 2012 for OS X, Linux and Windows

Dear Cafetranslators,

It is my pleasure to announce officially the new version of CafeTran called CafeTran Espresso 2012. It features a lot changes in the user interface to make it much more intuitive and user friendly. There are also numerous enhancements to existing functions as well as new important features such as optional prefix matching (stemming), QA, filtering and sorting segments, implementation of the new Google Translate API v. 2.

The current manual is still outdated but YouTube video tutorials on various workflows will follow next. I hope the first one will appear by the end of this year.

The trial version of CT Espresso is available for download at:
http://www.cafetran.republika.pl/download.html

Soon I will send e-mail information to users on how to upgrade to the new version. Please, stay tuned... .

BR,
Igor Kmitowski
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:07
Finnish to French
Speed of Wordfast Classic in Word 2011 Feb 5, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
Marie-Andree Dionne wrote:

Wordfast Classic could not work with Word 2008 because of Microsoft's decision not to include VBA in Office 2008, but it does work with Word 2011, now that VBA is back in Office 2011.
See http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=180-27

I'll add that Wordfast Classic is now very speedy when used in Word 2011 (compared to previous versions such as Word 2004 or Word X). You can get a feel of it here:

http://youtu.be/s4Xh0hhfg9I?hd=1

Please note this is a "quick & dirty" video I recorded "off the hip", without any post-editing tricks that could make operations seem faster than they are.

Setup used in the video: Oct-2010 MacBook Air with Core 2 Duo and 4 GB of RAM, running OS X 10.6.8 (aka Snow Leopard), fully patched Word 2011 (14.1.4), Wordfast Classic 6.02u.

Danielle Sbruzzi
Danielle Sbruzzi
Ireland
English to Portuguese
Is OmegaT as trustful as Trados? Apr 30, 2018

Is OmegaT as trustful as Trados? Im working on Mac at the moment and I don't think Id be back to Windows.
Thanks

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Tool for MAC

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »