Julianne Rowland
Julianne Rowland  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:24
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2007

I am running SDL Trados 2006 (Trados 7.5) and Catalyst 6 under Vista and am having trouble using the Power Translate function in Catalyst.
When load my TM and try clicking the Open/Get Translation button, I get the following messages:

AlchemyTRADOS Error: Failed to open [path]

Workbench opens simultaneously with the message “(50251): No translation memory has been opened.

Then, when I acknowledge the message in Calalyst I see this:

Run
... See more
I am running SDL Trados 2006 (Trados 7.5) and Catalyst 6 under Vista and am having trouble using the Power Translate function in Catalyst.
When load my TM and try clicking the Open/Get Translation button, I get the following messages:

AlchemyTRADOS Error: Failed to open [path]

Workbench opens simultaneously with the message “(50251): No translation memory has been opened.

Then, when I acknowledge the message in Calalyst I see this:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Alchemy Software\Catalyst 6\CATALYST.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

I suspect this may have to do with Vista. When launching Catalyst under Vista, I have to right-click and select the Run as Administrator option. This allows me to open and work in Catalyst.
Trados 7 by itself works fine under Vista, but I am wondering if the problem is due to the fact that for the Power Translate function, Workbench is opened via catalyst (or at least, a Trados TM is accessed via Catalyst). Perhaps this somehow violates Vista's ultra-stingent security conditions.

Or perhaps it has nothing at all to do with Vista. Has anyone run into this problem? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Collapse

Mjay
Mjay  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:24
English to Japanese
Catalyst closes when Power Translate or Leverage Expert Mar 5, 2010

Hi Julianne,

I wonder if you've already solved your Catalyst issue.

I am encountering a very similar problem when I use Power Translate or Leverage Expert functionality.

My Desktop Environment:
English Windows XP SP2
Catalyst 7.03 Localizer Edition
Source document: English .txt
Target language: French

I am using ezParse to load the source English .txt (UTF-8 Signature encoding, a list of strings, "property=key"). After
... See more
Hi Julianne,

I wonder if you've already solved your Catalyst issue.

I am encountering a very similar problem when I use Power Translate or Leverage Expert functionality.

My Desktop Environment:
English Windows XP SP2
Catalyst 7.03 Localizer Edition
Source document: English .txt
Target language: French

I am using ezParse to load the source English .txt (UTF-8 Signature encoding, a list of strings, "property=key"). After specifying a TM file, which is a Tab-Delimited Glossary .txt file, I used Auto Translate and the Catalyst shows the following error messages (same happens when I try Leverage Expert):

Catalyst Error Messages:
"Catalyst.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
"The instruction at "0x7c27cbed" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."
"Out of Memory"

Sometimes, I can repeatedly use Auto-Translate until the end of the project without a crash. I also tried to load a smaller English source and smaller TM .txt, but Catalyst still crashes unexpectedly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Maki J
Collapse

Julianne Rowland
Julianne Rowland  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:24
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Power Translate Problem Mar 5, 2010

Hi Maki,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with Catalyst. I posted my query almost three years ago and unfortunately, I really can't remember the details at this point.

I never got a response on the Proz forum, and I don't recall whether I was able to resolve the issue through Catalyst support. I haven't worked with Catalyst since then, either, so I'm not really in a position to even guess at the cause of your problem.

Have you tried contacti
... See more
Hi Maki,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with Catalyst. I posted my query almost three years ago and unfortunately, I really can't remember the details at this point.

I never got a response on the Proz forum, and I don't recall whether I was able to resolve the issue through Catalyst support. I haven't worked with Catalyst since then, either, so I'm not really in a position to even guess at the cause of your problem.

Have you tried contacting Catalyst directly?

Best of luck to you!

Kind regards,

Julianne
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Files Mar 10, 2010

Hi Mjay,

Could you send me the files to [email protected] so I can try to reproduce this here?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

[Edited at 2010-03-10 12:12 GMT]

Mjay
Mjay  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Japanese
The Catalyst issue is fixed Mar 16, 2010

Thanks for your replies, Julianne and Jette.

The crash issue has been resolved by Catalyst Build#7345.
Thank you again for your help!

Regards,
Maki

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Power Translate Function Causes Catalyst to Close

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »