Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:16
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 20, 2017

I've been assigned with a translation project in a ttk file. It contains lots of repetitions.
Using the filter Duplicates I can see the duplicates. I translate the first duplicate, click on enter and the "magic eye"appears informing me that this translation segment has been translated. What follows now? The repetitions have not been automatically translated. According to instructions found in here, Alchemy support, I should
Click on the first string and translate it using th
... See more
I've been assigned with a translation project in a ttk file. It contains lots of repetitions.
Using the filter Duplicates I can see the duplicates. I translate the first duplicate, click on enter and the "magic eye"appears informing me that this translation segment has been translated. What follows now? The repetitions have not been automatically translated. According to instructions found in here, Alchemy support, I should
Click on the first string and translate it using the Translator Toolbar , as follows:
Select the Repeat Translation button to translate all other identical segments.

There is no such button in Alchemy 11.

Besides, (secondo issue) my translation is not entered when I do not change anything in the string as there is nothing to change. Let's say, the string in English is:
Microsoft
In Spanish it should also be:
Microsoft

The translation window includes the word "Microsoft" but in order to save it I should put the cursor next to the word, type any character, delete that character and only them, the Enter button will change the status of my translation.

Third question:
I'm attaching a tmx memory, but the language pairs locales are different: ES-ES instead of ES-LA or EN instead of EN-US, shall open the tm and change the locales?

I will appreciate your input

Clarisa

[Edited at 2017-09-20 13:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-09-20 13:22 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

handling duplicates in Catalyst, and a second issue

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »