alchemy catalyst 10: unable to start after install and display"catalyst has stopped working"
Thread poster: xiaowen Liu
xiaowen Liu
xiaowen Liu
Local time: 16:55
English to Chinese
Jun 16, 2015

Hi,
My OS is win7 64 bit, I downloaded and installed alchemy catalyst 10 and license from www.alchemysoftware.com, but after reboot as required by instruction, the screen displays "catalyst has stopped working", the only option is to close the application.
I wonder how to solve this problem, thanks

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 09:55
English
Reinstall Jun 16, 2015

Hi,

Could you please remove Catalyst 10 via Control panel > Add or Remove programs, reboot your machine after.

Please install Catalyst by right click on the setup.exe and choose run as administrator.
Could you then launch Catalyst 10 by right clicking on the Catalyst.exe as well and choose run as administrator?

This should fix the issue.

Please let me know how you are getting on.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

xiaowen Liu
xiaowen Liu
Local time: 16:55
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved but confused Jun 17, 2015

thanks
it's really strange, when i double click an TTK file, alchemy catalyst launched without erros, and I finsished my translation in it. but when I click the catalyst icon from start menu, it still display the above error, I don't know why

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 09:55
English
Odd Jun 17, 2015

I am glad to hear you were able to finish your translation work.

Did you have Catalyst installed before? It might be worth once you have time to reinstall Catalyst and see if that resolves the launch issue.

Thanks,
Jette

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

alchemy catalyst 10: unable to start after install and display"catalyst has stopped working"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »