Thread poster: Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 26, 2014

I am trying to do a spellchek of my translation, but it seems I have no dictionaries installed, nor does the program detect the MS word dictionary.

How can I solve this? Is there no internal dictionary on Catalyst 10?

Thanks
Paula

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Proofing Tools May 26, 2014

Hi Paula,

Do you have the 32bit or 64bit version of Catalyst installed?

Under Tools > Options > Spell Check, when you select Internal Dictionaries do you get a list of languages? Do you get an error message when selecting Microsoft Word Dictionaries? Do you have the proofing tools for your languages installed? Are you able to perform a spell check in Microsoft Word?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
64 bit Jun 2, 2014

Dear Jette,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a 64 bit version of Catalyst.
When I go to tools > Options > Spell Check, there are no dictionaries to select.

And yes, I can perform a spellcheck in word.

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Office 2013 Jun 4, 2014

Dear Jette,
I tried installing Office 2013, now I have the list of dictionaries on Catalyst, but can not select any language...
Any idea why this happens?

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Target Language specifies dictionary Jun 4, 2014

Hi Paula,

You cannot select languages in the dictionary list as the target language specifies which dictionary to use.
If you want to use the Spanish dictionary for example, you need to make sure that your target language has been set to Spanish.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried this Jun 12, 2014

Dear Jette,

I tried this but it did not work.
I selected multiple combinations of source and target language, for Spanish variations, but still the dictionaries are not available for me to select any of them.

Are there any Catalyst dictionaries that I could use?

Regards,
Paula

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Dictionaries Jun 13, 2014

Hi Paula,

I am not sure I understand this correctly.

You select your target language as Spanish and your dictionary is set to Microsoft Word Dictionaries? The Spanish language is listed in the language list for available dictionaries?

Once you set your target language to Spanish, could you perform a Spell Check?

You only need to set your dictionary to either Microsoft Word Dictionaries or Internal Dictionaries, there is no need to click on th
... See more
Hi Paula,

I am not sure I understand this correctly.

You select your target language as Spanish and your dictionary is set to Microsoft Word Dictionaries? The Spanish language is listed in the language list for available dictionaries?

Once you set your target language to Spanish, could you perform a Spell Check?

You only need to set your dictionary to either Microsoft Word Dictionaries or Internal Dictionaries, there is no need to click on the language lists (you are not able to pick a language there). Once you have set your dictionary technology, make sure your target language is set to eh language you want to spell check in and then perform a spell check.

Do you get an error message when you try to perform a Spell Check?

Thanks,
Jette
Collapse

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Languages Jun 13, 2014

Dear Jette,
Right now I am completely lost.

Is there any key shortcut to do spellcheck (like F7 in Word) or a button?

I can not find it, so maybe my problem is that I am not doing it correctly.

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Disregard previous message Jun 13, 2014

I just found the button.

Now the problem is that I do get a message saying:

"No dictionary selected. Please set your dictionary in the Tools - Options dialog"

I did select Microsoft dictionaries, but still the same problem.

Paula

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Spanish listed Jun 13, 2014

Hi PAula,

Is Spanish listed under the language lists when you select the Microsoft Dictionaries?

Does the Spell Check work if you use the Internal Dictionary?

Thanks,
Jette

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Jun 13, 2014

There are no dictionaries under "Internal Dictionaries" and no spellcheck works when selected.

There is Spanish in the Microsoft Dictionaries.

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
32bit or 64bit Jun 13, 2014

Hi Paula,

Are you using the 32bit or 64bit version of Catalyst?

If you do not see any languages for the internal dictionaries there seems to be an issue with your installation.

You might have to reinstall Catalyst.

Please remove Catalyst 10 via Control panel > Add or Remove programs, please reboot your machine after.

After that please install Catalyst by right click on the setup.exe and choosing run as administrator.
Could y
... See more
Hi Paula,

Are you using the 32bit or 64bit version of Catalyst?

If you do not see any languages for the internal dictionaries there seems to be an issue with your installation.

You might have to reinstall Catalyst.

Please remove Catalyst 10 via Control panel > Add or Remove programs, please reboot your machine after.

After that please install Catalyst by right click on the setup.exe and choosing run as administrator.
Could you then launch Catalyst 10 by right clicking on the Catalyst.exe as well and choose run as administrator?

Could you then check if you see dictionaries under Internal Dictionaries and Microsoft Word Dictionaries?

Thanks,
Jette
Collapse

Fernando Schramm
Fernando Schramm  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:17
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Unzip as administrator Mar 14, 2015

Note if you run SpellCheck.exe without administrator rights the files wont be copied to SpellData folder in Catalyst folder. However no warning message will be displayed.

Fernando Schramm
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I have the same problem Mar 14, 2015

I just installed CATALYST 11: Translator/Lite - 64bit, applied the licence file and unziped SpellCheck.exe as administrator. I rebooted and checked the SpellCheck files and they are there. Then I tried running catalyst.exe as administrator. The source and target languages are English (United States) - Portuguese (Brazil). I do have Microsoft ProofingTools installed and working.

At 'File > Options > PowerTranslate > SpellCheck' in 'Dictionary' drop-down box there are only 'No Diction
... See more
I just installed CATALYST 11: Translator/Lite - 64bit, applied the licence file and unziped SpellCheck.exe as administrator. I rebooted and checked the SpellCheck files and they are there. Then I tried running catalyst.exe as administrator. The source and target languages are English (United States) - Portuguese (Brazil). I do have Microsoft ProofingTools installed and working.

At 'File > Options > PowerTranslate > SpellCheck' in 'Dictionary' drop-down box there are only 'No Dictionary' and 'Microsoft Word Dictionaries' options.
When 'Microsoft Word Dictionaries' is selected, there are only French, Portuguese and Spanish options in 'Languages available'. However they cannot be selected.

I had the same problem even when I used Catalyst 9 and 10.

[Edited at 2015-03-14 18:19 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-15 12:03 GMT]
Collapse

Fernando Schramm
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Project Languages in Options Mar 14, 2015

I noticed that even though project languages are defined in HOME tab >> Languages, it doesn't affect languages at Options >> Application >> Project Languages.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Spellcheck

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »