Translated and Original strings columns: can I get them back?
Thread poster: Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:45
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 30, 2013

Hello All,

I'm using Catalyst 10 Lite, today being the first time I used this software I found strange that in the strings window the Translated column would appear before the Original column, and tried to change that.

So, I draged and droped the header of the Original column to the left, hoping that would put the Original column to the left of the Translated column... Well, not quite: the Original colum disapeared...
See more
Hello All,

I'm using Catalyst 10 Lite, today being the first time I used this software I found strange that in the strings window the Translated column would appear before the Original column, and tried to change that.

So, I draged and droped the header of the Original column to the left, hoping that would put the Original column to the left of the Translated column... Well, not quite: the Original colum disapeared

Next, in an attempt to reset the layout I draged and droped the header of the Translated column to the right, and guess what... Now I can see neither the Original nor the Translated columns

How can I possibly fix this? On a general note, does Catalyst have a way of resetting the layout to the "factory" defaults??

Thank you in advance.

José B. Ruivo
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:45
English to French
+ ...
Tools Oct 30, 2013

Hi Jose,

I'm not sure about the Lite version but you can easily change the layout in the Translator Edition. Anyway to restore to defaults, got to Tools -> Options -> User Profile, right at the bottom of the list and click Restore Defaults.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-10-30 19:30 GMT]

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done that Oct 31, 2013

Hi Bernard,

Bernard Lieber wrote:
Anyway to restore to defaults, got to Tools -> Options -> User Profile, right at the bottom of the list and click Restore Defaults.
Bernard

[Edited at 2013-10-30 19:30 GMT]

I have done that already, but I stil can't see the 2 columns Translated and Original. Very strange, and mostly annoying.

Thanks anyway,
José

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Columns Oct 31, 2013

Hi Jose,

Have you tried right clicking on the column bar where Translated and Original used to be?

You should get a menu, click on columns and make sure Translated and Original are ticked.

You might also be in visual view instead of string view which you can change in the toolbar next to the target language settings.

Another option you could try is to click on your project folder in the navigator panel and then click on show all strings which i
... See more
Hi Jose,

Have you tried right clicking on the column bar where Translated and Original used to be?

You should get a menu, click on columns and make sure Translated and Original are ticked.

You might also be in visual view instead of string view which you can change in the toolbar next to the target language settings.

Another option you could try is to click on your project folder in the navigator panel and then click on show all strings which is also in the navigator panel - it is the icon with the little A.

Thanks and regards,
Jette
Collapse

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Oct 31, 2013

Dear Jette,

Alchemy Support wrote:

Jette

Solved, thank you very much! I would have never thought of that, specially as I never look for right-click commands, always in the menus instead.

Thank you, have a nice day!

José

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
By the way... Oct 31, 2013

How can I get the "Original" column on the left and the "Translated" column on the right? That's what I was trying to do inthe first place

Thanks,
José

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Drag! Oct 31, 2013

Hi Jose,

Glad this has been sorted.

Click on the Original column and while holding down the mouse button drag the column to the left this should move the Original column.

Thanks,
Jette

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh boy... Oct 31, 2013

Hi Jette

Alchemy Support wrote:
Click on the Original column and while holding down the mouse button drag the column to the left this should move the Original column.
Jette

I had tried that before, but now realize what my mistake was - I draged the Original column header slightly down, making a cross appear over the header, and since I did not droped the header exactly over the Translated column it vanished

Thanks a lot, again!

José

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translated and Original strings columns: can I get them back?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »