TTK file modified in Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite cannot be opened in Catalyst 8.0 Developer
Thread poster: kimvic
kimvic
kimvic
Canada
Jun 7, 2013

Here are the steps of my situation:
- my team saved a TTK file using Catalyst 8.0 Developer Pro edition, on Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit.
- an external translator received that file and modified it using Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite (to do Japanese translations). He says the file was saved for version 8.0.
- my team got the translated TTK file back, but when we try to open it in Catalyst 8.0 Developer edition now we get an error message "Sorry, could not load the file."

... See more
Here are the steps of my situation:
- my team saved a TTK file using Catalyst 8.0 Developer Pro edition, on Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit.
- an external translator received that file and modified it using Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite (to do Japanese translations). He says the file was saved for version 8.0.
- my team got the translated TTK file back, but when we try to open it in Catalyst 8.0 Developer edition now we get an error message "Sorry, could not load the file."

Does anybody have any ideas why this isn't working? Is there any known issue when Developer and Translator are using different versions of Catalyst?
Collapse

kimvic
kimvic
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 7, 2013

Oops, well my team figured out what the problem was. They were trying to open the TTK file from a network folder and there was a permission issue. After copying the TTK file to local machine it opens just fine.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

TTK file modified in Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite cannot be opened in Catalyst 8.0 Developer

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »